1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent VPN Service

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by superleeds27, Nov 12, 2016.

1. superleeds27

Hitman

I'm currently using NordVPN, went for it when it was on offer around a year ago. At the time it seemed okay, but i'v started noticing really slow performance no matter what server i was on.

What VPN Companies do people here recommend? I'm looking mainly for privacy and speed.

2. Mr.Shabz

Associate

Used Private Internet Access for over 12 months, never had an issue and plenty of exit locations with good speeds. Roughly $40 for the year.

3. parityboy

Gangster

4. wellibob

Mobster

Cyberghost. Not the cheapest but excellent services and options.

5. x-st

Wise Guy

You can get a year's premium Cyberghost for a little over £6 from Humble at the moment.

6. Hyper

Mobster

Was about to post the same as above, been with PIA for well over a year now and never had any issues. I used cheaper VPN's before signing up such as Cyberghost and it would drop out all the time.

7. superleeds27

Hitman

I've used CyberGhost before but wasn't that impressed.

I've heard good thing about PIA and AirVPN.

Does anyone have any information on ExpressVPN? Few decent reviews popping up about that.

8. Craig321

Capodecina

I've had PureVPN for about a year now. I always get full speed as they have a 'fastest server' connection option. It can be used using the normal Windows VPN, their own client or whatever. Works nicely on my phone and on FreeNAS as well.

$69 lifetime licence: https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifetime-of-purevpn, unlimited bandwidth.

9. superleeds27

Hitman

Yet a couple of threads down from this one, someone claims PureVPN is restricting them access to certain sites.

10. Craig321

Capodecina

I've never had an issue with it. Sounds like the OP of that thread is having other troubles rather than PureVPN being the issue.

11. superleeds27

Hitman

Gone for PureVPN, the lifetime license makes sense.

Any tips for best config/speed on android and PC?

12. Craig321

Capodecina