Decent Wireless Chargers

Soldato
I'm after a couple of wireless chargers for our inbound Pixel 7 Pro handsets.

Our current Anker wireless chargers connect via Micro USB, have an annoying blue light and require perfect placement of the handset before they charge. I don't want this headache.

Can anyone recommend a good quality wireless charger? Ideally there would be no light on the charger and placing the handset on charge won't be a precision task. USB C connection would be the cherry on top.

Soldato
I would actually say the blue light - which indicates it's charging is more of a blessing. I have the same charger on my bedside table and it's not bright enough to be annoying but does at least let you know that your device is being charged.

I think the perfect "placement" complaint is more about the limited range of the phone rather than the charging pad.

Soldato
OP
Not to deter but aren't the wireless chargers incredibly slow whichever the option you go for?
I'd hope I'll be asleep long enough for it to fully charge my phone :p

Pixel stand? Only has a small light on the front that is barely noticeable and has usb-c
I have bought a Pixel stand for the office. Will see how that goes but any light at all will be enough to disrupt me. I like total darkness when I'm sleeping.

I would actually say the blue light - which indicates it's charging is more of a blessing
I tend to wait until my phone display shows that it is charging rather than use the light as an indicator.

Soldato
I tend to wait until my phone display shows that it is charging rather than use the light as an indicator.

Ah sometimes I'm half asleep when I put the phone on the pad. So don't always pay attention to the screen. But can at least see the faint blue glow without moving.

Soldato
OP
Ah sometimes I'm half asleep when I put the phone on the pad. So don't always pay attention to the screen. But can at least see the faint blue glow without moving.
Your method is definitely more ergonomic and less clumsy than my approach. I did try to just wait until the phone vibrated to indicate charging but too often I'd find the phone hadn't charged overnight.

Really puzzled as to why there aren't many wireless chargers without the light. Might have to sink one into the bedside table..

Associate
I've read before that while Pixels are Qi compatible, they use a proprietary protocol to wireless charge quickly, so will only work on their own fast wireless chargers.

Everything else that's not a 'Google' quick charger will charge at the slower 10W. AFAIK, the Pixel stand gen 2 is the only wireless charger that will charge faster but it's horrendously overpriced.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've read before that while Pixels are Qi compatible, they use a proprietary protocol to wireless charge quickly, so will only work on their own fast wireless chargers.

Everything else that's not a 'Google' quick charger will charge at the slower 10W. AFAIK, the Pixel stand gen 2 is the only wireless charger that will charge faster but it's horrendously overpriced.

I think they get 15W. I have the Belkin one and it charges faster than 10W. I'll do a test next time. The adapter is a 25W.

Soldato
Anyone have one of the 3-in-1 style charging stands that fits phone, buds and watch all together that they can recommend?

Seems there are lots available but don't want to get some crap one.

For Pixel 6 so not a magnetic one (loads on Amazon showing for Apple magsafe style)

Soldato
OP
The pixel stand charger is good in that it doesn't light up .the drawback is it has a fan in it which disturbs me trying to sleep. The search continues...

Soldato
The pixel stand charger is good in that it doesn't light up .the drawback is it has a fan in it which disturbs me trying to sleep. The search continues...
Change charging modes on a Pixel Stand (2nd gen)
If you have already completed Pixel Stand app onboarding, you can choose from 3 charging modes:

Optimized (default): Balances charging speed with fan noise for the best out of box experience
Max: Charge at the highest possible speed, given device conditions, battery charge level, and other factors.
Quiet: Make the fan run as quietly as poss ible.

Back
Top Bottom