decions with new contract

Joined
12 Feb 2006
Posts
17,257
Location
Surrey
my contract is basically coming to and end in november but i can't find and phones that i want that are out yet.

I have looked around and the perfect phone for me is the N95 though its not out yet and will be at most january but obvsiouly could be out sometime april or later. I have seen these on youtube in other countries so is there any guesses as to when this might be out?

Im with o2 at the moment spending roughly £80 though im on a £35 and i sometimes can spend £115. Im wanting to basically get a new contract that gives me a lot of minutes and at most £35 as i hear that this is the lowest they go giving a free phone away. Is there anychance i can ring them and get a new contract and a stand in phone, and then when the N95 comes out they send me it and i send them the replacment back?

Also i heard orange do contract with unlimited calling to one person? is this true or is it like unlimited until youhave called then for more then 2 hour sand then you pay? my gf wants a new contract soon and this would be idle as the reason our phone bills are huge is tlkaing to each other. Do o2 do any deals like this?

thanks all
 
Associate
Joined
31 Oct 2005
Posts
620
addy_010 said:
Is there anychance i can ring them and get a new contract and a stand in phone, and then when the N95 comes out they send me it and i send them the replacment back?

Highly unlikely or everyone would be doing it as there's always a newer, better phone in the pipeline.

addy_010 said:
Also i heard orange do contract with unlimited calling to one person? is this true or is it like unlimited until youhave called then for more then 2 hour sand then you pay? my gf wants a new contract soon and this would be idle as the reason our phone bills are huge is tlkaing to each other. Do o2 do any deals like this?

It's called Magic Number and they have to be on Orange too. Basically if you're on an 18 month contract you can call your Magic Number for an hour and it takes a minute out of your inclusive minutes (or charges you for a minute if you have none left) and has a fair use policy of three hours a day.
 

DiG

DiG

Associate
Joined
16 Mar 2004
Posts
2,257
I would have thought that if your going that much over your monthly fee each month then you could get any phone you want for free and a good deal on your contract to, phone them and see what they say, your the kind of customer they will want to keep!
 
Soldato
OP
Joined
12 Feb 2006
Posts
17,257
Location
Surrey
DiG said:
I would have thought that if your going that much over your monthly fee each month then you could get any phone you want for free and a good deal on your contract to, phone them and see what they say, your the kind of customer they will want to keep!

thats what im hoping. the only reason u wanted a stand in phone is becuase my d600 is breaking in that the screen has become fuzzy sometimes, like it shadows itself and that flickers about, and also sometimes the top buttons that are viewable when the phone is closed domn't work.

So maybe would there be a chance to get a new contract but wait until the phone comes out to get it, i know phones4u did this with my brother though this was only for 2 weeks, but whats the differnce 2 weeks, 2 months?

So anyone with any information about the N95
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Dec 2003
Posts
2,515
Location
heybridge, nr maldon, essex
if any interest, i just got a 3 contract. 18 mths half price at £15 pmth, 1000 texts and 300 mins. doubled for 6 mths.

plus 50 video minutes, £5 of inc downloads, 50 mms, and 30 gig of surfing and msn free for life.

thought it was ok.
 
Back
Top Bottom