Decisions decisions - Triple monitor plans

Associate
Hey everyone,

So at the moment I'm using a couple of cheap 16:10 monitors (mismatched, but the same 23" size) and I'm looking to definitely upgrade within the next month or two.

I wish to have a triple monitor setup, and intend to play games as a major part of this (competitive League of Legends and CS:GO primarily, so low latency is key). I also would prefer the size to be at least 27" for all three.

Now, whilst I do like the idea of having three of the same monitors I would like to see what you think about having the primary (center) monitor as something designed for gaming specifically, such as the Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-Sync 144Hz and then have a less expensive, however still high quality monitor on each side of this.

OR I could just bust my wallet out and buy three of the above, but considering I would only really use one for games (the other two for webpage refrencing, skype etc.) it may seem like a waste of good hardware.

Alternatively I could just get three really nice looking displays that are still perfectly fine for gaming, but that's something I would appreciate input on in regards to choice.

It's probably worth pointing out now that whilst there is no upper budget, I would still like to be worth the money paid of course. Also that I'm running a machine with a GTX 980 so compatibility with higher resolutions would also not be an issue. -although I still wouldn't want to go above the 2560x1440 mark, nor would I like non-standard monitor aspect ratio (so let's stick with 16:9).

So please do let me know what you think, I would highly appreciate it. :)

Thanks.

Associate
3 monitors @ 1440p it might warrent an additional 980. If latency is an issue especially if your playing at cometitive levels i would personally stick with the Rogue swift for all 3. I suppose someone will correct me

Associate
OP
3 monitors @ 1440p it might warrent an additional 980. If latency is an issue especially if your playing at cometitive levels i would personally stick with the Rogue swift for all 3. I suppose someone will correct me

Okay, thanks for the input.
Purchasing an additional 980 is certainly possible, I guess I will just have to see after testing if it's necessary. -should I choose this option

Associate
OP
The vital question is if you are going to be gaming across all 3 monitors.

To be honest it is a possibility. I'm sure that if I had three of these monitors I would be more open to it.

Now of course multiple monitors is not something that games such as League of Legends are capable of, however for other games such as Battlefield etc. I would probably use them all.

So if we say that they will all be used, would you recommend the above monitor for all three? Or would something else be more suitable.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom