Dedicated block compatibility

Associate
Hi All,

I had been toying with an idea of swapping my GPU for something newer however would like to ideally minimize the expense on WC bits, which means potentially re-using the old dedicated block on a different card.. :cool::D:cool:
I know its probably a stretch due to significant layout changes etc. however does anyone know if HD7950 waterblocks may fit other, newer cards? I don't necessarily mean anything as new as > 2019
My block is the Aquacomputer Aquagratix one.

Associate
Don't even think about it with a custom block, absolutely not an option.

If you want to try something more generic and transferrable there are generic gpu blocks on the market, but you then need to worry about VRM,mosfet and memory cooling etc as a separate problem.

Soldato
As said, it is highly unlikely and I'm understating it that even within a family that a gpu block will fit another card. A 3090 STRIX block won't fit on a FE which won't fit on a Reference PCB.

Many cards these days have extensive PCB cooling plates and standalone GPU blocks can sometimes allow the retention of that PCB cooling although again it's not always going to be true. I have a 970 card that has such a plate and by using a NXZT G10 I've fitted a Corsair AIO to watercool that card while achieving good PCB cooling. But that is an exception.

Back
Top Bottom