Dedicated VRAM AMD RYZEN 5 2500U & RADEON VEGA 8

Associate
Hello,

I have a Lenovo E585 with AMD RYZEN 5 2500U & RADEON VEGA 8, and the default dedicated VRAM is 256MB. I recorded a log of memory usage in game while lagging, and it showed that only about 5GB of RAM were being used (out of 8GB available).

I used stress-test softwares to see if that was due to the game not requiring more RAM and here is what I got :

large

As you can see, my CPU and GPU are running at 100%, and I still have about 3GB of RAM unused. I don't know if this is normal, but it doesn't seem to me.

I wanted to increase the dedicated VRAM, but I don't have that option in the BIOS, and I don't have it either in AMD RADEON software (no 'Tuning' tab).

Can someone point me in the right direction to solve my problem ? Should I focus on dedicated VRAM ? Adding RAM (I don't think so since I already have unused RAM) ? Something else ?

Thank you,
Alix

Associate
VRAM and RAM are two different things. VRAM is Video Random Access Memory which is integrated into your GPU board and is used by GPU intensive tasks, ie games by storing larger amounrs of data relating to running a game to be accessed by GPU.. RAM is used by everything, even games, but to much lesser extent.

Long story short, everything is fine as the GPU is used 100% which is where VRAM is.

Associate
OP
Ok, thanks for your reply. Can you help me figure out why I have FPS drops even though my CPU, GPU and RAM are above the required specs for the game ?

Back
Top Bottom