• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dedicated VRAM thread?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
still have my Q6600 with 4GB RAM and Win10 - last time I booted it up it just ragged on the HDD constantly which I assumed was the lack of RAM. :p

At work we dont have many Windows 7 machines left but they do crop up. Whilst using Windows 10 the budget laptops were horrendous where they either came with mechanical disks, 4Gb RAM or both!!

We have upgraded loads as obtaining new hardware was troublesome but you can tell especially since the builds/patches have gone on you need 8Gb to get some breathing space. Even then there's times it gets flooded out, I mean Chrome tabs.. ><

Soldato
I think this might be relevant

standards.png

Soldato
Wow, there seems to be something severely wrong with the 3070 being able to maintain performance on par with the 11gb 2080ti on Watch Dogs Legion - 4K Ultra DLSS Quality. 2080ti can stay over 30fps, but the 3070 is completely unplayable in the 20s.

This is looking at early YouTube tests though, I wonder if some recent 3070 owners could respond on their performance at 4K Ultra.

The old saying the core always runs out of juice before VRAM could be completely dispelled - Only in regards to the 3070 vs 2080ti battle.

3070 is 27% down on bandwidth don't forget. Not sure how to prove it's one or the other though. Downclock a 2080ti and test it maybe?

Back
Top Bottom