"Define" what it means to be an "Elite" gamer

Associate
OP
It's a load of bs mate, the guy has issues :)
The only people who care about such things generally aren't worth listening to.

Do your thing.

Besides, I'm willing to bet that the rig we're helping you put together will destroy whatever 'elite guy' has sitting under his desk ;)

That is not really my intention dude, although this was part of an argument on how much I spent on my new rig.
and the fact I didn't have it when I said I would.

Last edited:
Soldato
It means you're good at gaming, and generally if people label themselves one, they're more likely elitist. I know a few elite gamers, and they really are good. They know they're good but they have never once considered themselves elite.

Caporegime
gamers r bazically

pub gamers in other words public gamers who play for fun enjoyment

then you have non pub which have levels often attached

low - probably same as avg pub gamer
med - probably wins or near top most pub games can hold own in scrims so on but cant win in high

high - play competitively mostly

its that simple really .

Caporegime
Most elite gamers play what they are supposedly elite at and that's about it. They don't play lots and lots of games unless they are likely to be top competitive games as its not worth their time.

What makes someone elite? Being in the top top percentage of gamers at their given game. Not just playing lots of games or spending lots of time playing games :p

Soldato
"Elite gamer" ?
Okay, so you both like to think you're elite gamers.
Somebody told me that I am not an "Elite" gamer, because I did not have a PC built in time which can handle certain games when they first came out.
Sounds like a chump to me.

would have been

Uhhh

he is bias in his choice of games.

He also said to me another time that been an elite gamer means I own all the consoles aswell as a PC.
yeah that's nice if you have the money.

That settles it, he's definitely a chump.

A what well?

Personally I hate this labeling crap of who is or isn't this, that and the other.

Seems like you're pretty happy to get involved with it to me.

Ow, my brain.

What are the requirements of been an elite gamer ?

No really, ow, that's starting to hurt now.

I think it is a rather loose term , I don't see any definitive books or websites with the
"10 commandments" of what makes one an elite gamer in its purest form.
That's because it's a title reserved only for the most special of special people.

This whole decussion of what it means to be an "elite" gamer started when he got annoyed with me over something.
The what now?

we had this decussion

A what?

I haven't been meeting every requirement

Blood's starting to trickle from my ear now.

So hes gone ahead and said I am a casual gamer as if there was a stigma attached to that as if I should be somehow ashamed of that..
Okay so I am not the elite of the elite boohoo..
neither is he in my opinion , hes a hypocrite.

Maybe I don't want to be some shallow elitist who goes around labeling others who don't meet a requirement on some check list.
Thanks for reading , I wanted to get that off my chest.

./: rant over...

So what are yours thoughts on what makes an "Elite gamer"

You are just as bad as your friend.

Back
Top Bottom