DELETED_3139

Associate
... it doesn't seem appropriate to extend such a right universally and it would inevitably be (ab) used to some degree by more well heeled prospective applicants as primarily a way of securing residence in the country even if they aren't utilising an explicitly fraudent course or entry exam.

Despite agreeing that people shouldn't be able to buy themselves extra rights to citizenship (They actually can, you just have to spend a LOT), the unfettered capitalist in me can't help but think that wealthy young individuals in mediocre jobs (if they're unemployed they don't need a visa) would be ideal for the economy. Pumping cash into the system, probably don't need state healthcare, education, pension..

Soldato
The question is why would you NOT want highly educated students to settle and work here?

Well its easy to make an argument that these would be preferred over lower skilled immigrants.

But in a country as well established and well populated as England I would suggest its not desirable to be dependant on a constant (net) flow of immigrants to fill roles.

Caporegime
Well its easy to make an argument that these would be preferred over lower skilled immigrants.

But in a country as well established and well populated as England I would suggest its not desirable to be dependant on a constant (net) flow of immigrants to fill roles.

How not? They’re net producers of wealth, no need to spend hundreds of thousands on their early care, their immediate access to benefits is restricted, easy to kick out if they’re not in jobs. They’re far better than the native scrubs.

It’s when they have children that they’re benefit starts reducing.

Soldato
Exactly, seems like a no brainer, someone whose parents or government have funded the 20k a year international fees for a degree from a UK university doesn't exactly seem high on the list of people we ought to be sending away, if anything we ought to be welcoming degree educated immigrants. Especially post grads or medical grads.

I mean, bloody immigrants, coming over here, with rich parents or foreign governments funding their medical degree... wanting to work in our NHS and save British lives... what a cheek eh?

Frankly anyone earning a medical degree, PhD or a decent masters degree ought to be given automatic residency for up to 5 years (or whatever the time period is required for them to earn permanent residency status).

So like a skills based system where we let people stay that the country needs, I think most people would agree with that, it's actually what most people who voted Brexit want.

We do of course have a finite amount of University places and we should prioritise UK students for those over foreign students

Well if you could also get them to execute 2 doll scum kids when they first enter the country, then they would be a net worth.

Would those scum be White, Black or Asian?

Soldato
So like a skills based system where we let people stay that the country needs, I think most people would agree with that, it's actually what most people who voted Brexit want.

We do of course have a finite amount of University places and we should prioritise UK students for those over foreign students

Would those scum be White, Black or Asian?

I would say colour doesnt matter in regards to dole scum, the quoted poster also doesnt mention colour, but you carry on trying to turn it into a racist argument

Soldato
I would say colour doesnt matter in regards to dole scum, the quoted poster also doesnt mention colour, but you carry on trying to turn it into a racist argument

It would seem an outrageous comment to suggest 2 children from an impoverished Black community should be executed

Soldato
It would seem an outrageous comment to suggest 2 children from an impoverished Black community should be executed

I will admit to miss reading the post you quoted and i didn't see the execute bit, but in your opinion its ok if they are white or asian as long as they aren't black and impoverished?

I think your the outrageous and racist person here.

Soldato
I will admit to miss reading the post you quoted and i didn't see the execute bit, but in your opinion its ok if they are white or asian as long as they aren't black and impoverished?

I think your the outrageous and racist person here.

Basically I'm saying that when someone says dole scum, the first thing you think of is people white working class people, probably from up North. Some how it's socially acceptable to suggest executing 2 of them to welcome in an immigrant. Yet no one would make that comment about poor black kids or asian kids.

Caporegime
That rather depends on what they studied , whether it's relevant to the job the wish to take up in the UK and what your defintion of 'good work' is.

Subject to the above criteria the UK goverment may well wish to extend the right to stay to some students. But it doesn't seem appropriate to extend such a right universally and it would inevitably be (ab) used to some degree by more well heeled prospective applicants as primarily a way of securing residence in the country even if they aren't utilising an explicitly fraudent course or entry exam.

The UK, I suggest, should look to move towards a net neutral immigration system for all types of visa applicants.

Good luck with that. Immigration has been a tool of population/economic growth for the last couple of decades.

I know it’s not the question in the thread, but the articles I’ve read on this subject seem to be suggesting this is going to turn into a ****storm for the government. There’s always mention of Windrush which implies to me that this may be another half cocked scheme by May when she was Home Secretary to force down immigration stats by penalizing legitimate migrants. Was there truly that much cheating, or was it government pressure and poor checking that made the stats seem so bad?

Am I missing something here?

Associate
New government likely come the next general election, the talk of killing children to make way for immigrants, even in jest will likely not go down well. Knock! Knock! Pop-socket!

Back
Top Bottom