DELETED_5350

Soldato
Youtube should be easy, when in the app and watching a video just hit the cast button at the top and chose the TV, you can build a list as well, then press home to carry on using the phone.

Not sure of your Samsung TV has it, but if it does Plex should work well for media, you will also want the Plex server on the PC/Laptop which the media is hosted on.

You should then be able to use the Samsung remote app to control it.

Soldato
What mode am I supposed to use on the TV todo that? I've tried the cast button and it just mimicks exactly what happens on my screen. (obviously screen mirroring).

Yea plex is an option, but can I stream selected youtube videos to it?

Think I'll just get a chromecast.

I take it you don't see the Chromecast icon in the Youtube app? My friend has a Samsung smart TV and when pressing the Chromecast icon the TV is one of the options to cast to.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The TV has the youtube app I take it? It's easy as pie to do what you want if it does. go into Youtube on the TV, click settings, click pair a new device, it will give you a code.

Open youtube on the phone, enter settings and pair a new device using the code. Both will pair. You can now click the broadcast to device button when watching a Youtube video and it will load automatically on the app on the TV and you can continue using the phone doing whatever.

This works on any smart TV with the youtube app. I have it on 3 TVs and ave used it elsewhere without any issues.

You do not want to use the screencast function for this, just used the built in Youtube pairing feature as this is exactly what it is designed for.

Back
Top Bottom