DELETED_5350

Man of Honour
The only thing I would be tempted to change would be the graphics card. Everything else is good and the cpu won't be holding you back. What make and model is the 550w psu?

As for a m2 ssd on a new platform, how much faster than blazingly fast can you get? It's extremely unlikely that you would even notice any difference unless all you do is bench ssd's. If anything just pick up a larger capacity one for your current system. There are some cracking deals around at the moment.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't be shocked by someone only having a 500w psu. A decent quality 500-550w psu would be more than enough for just about any single gpu setup (although there are exceptions). What you should do though is largely ignore the label that says 500w and look up what the psu is actually capable of on the 12v rail where it's actually needed. I would hazard a guess and say that yours is around 432w? While it's more than enough for what you have now if you were to get a power hungry gpu such as a R9 390 or GTX780 (your psu probably wouldn't run my system with a GTX780) you should look at replacing it. You still haven't said which model it is but I am guessing it's a StealthXstream or ModsXstream?

You haven't said which ssd you have either.

A single gpu is always the best way to go and a GTX970 would be a nice upgrade.

Associate
LoL. I rock a Q6600, 4Gb DDR2 and ATI 6770. Reckon that I can squeeze another 6-12 months out of it !

Seriously, it all depends what extra you can do with the upgrade...

Back
Top Bottom