Deleting all data on JB Ipad2

Soldato
I've been using my wife's Ipad 2 for a while now and as she never uses it (she prefers the nexus 7) She has said I can switch everything over to my name on it.

The problem is that I really don't want to lose the jailbreak on it, I use Protube HD and cydia apps on there all the time, So I was wondering if there is a way to restore to factory settings or stock 5.1.1?

I can't erase all settings as that doesn't work when jailbroken, And as far as I know even with the SHSH blobs I can't restore back to stock 5.1.1 with an ipad 2.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Associate
apple no longer sign 5.1.1 FW, so that might be a difficult task. what error do you see, that might give a clue to finding corresponding solutions

Associate
As per my thinking, You have to go setting section change the options general menu and click on erase your all data.

This doesn't work on a JB'd device...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, I would google a little more, as you can rebuild an iPad 2 running a JB

rpg

rpg

Associate
Redsn0w will do this for you. It received a big update recently, one of the features being:
redsn0w now lets you restore any A5+ device from any iOS5 to any other iOS5 as long as you have correct 5.x blobs for the starting (current) and ending points of the restore.
Cydia will have your SHSH blobs so you're all sorted. Just follow this guide:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/10/15/downgrade-pre-a5-devices-easily-with-redsn0w-0-9-15-b1/

Redsn0w can be downloaded here.

The guide is for downgrading pre-A5 devices, but the same steps apply. There will be an issue however if you upgrade to iOS 6, and that's you will not be able to go back to iOS 5.1.1, regardless of blobs.

Back
Top Bottom