• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Delid & Apply Liquid metal

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the info. Ordering Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, will begin experimenting soon :D
Tempted to apply some on 1060 mini, might see a few gains. WoT has it at 50c but ME:Andromeda going mental with both cpu/gpu, 55c cpu 70c off gpu

Soldato
I believe most people use some kind of RTV silicone sealant. The reason being that it copes with high temperatures, thermal expansion and it also means it's easy to delid again should you ever need to whereas some kind of glue/epoxy etc is going to make that much more difficult, if not impossible.

That stuff looks like thermal glue which is what you'd usually use for ramsinks and that kind of thing I guess... so as above, I'm not sure I'd want to use it for reattaching the IHS just in case it needs to come off again. I got a big tube of black RTV silicone from ebay for £2. I just put a very small and thin amount on the edges of the IHS when reattaching it and it's holding nicely on the two chips that I've delidded so far.

Soldato
Last thing:
Which silicone glue is safe to use?
Ive got a small tub of Halnziye Silicone HY910 Heatsink Plaster

Just get some black gasket seal, cheap and made for creating seals in things like engines so very high temperatures. Leave a small gap as someone else posted, or just secure it in the board with no seal...

Back
Top Bottom