• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Delidding i7-4790k

Associate
Hi all,

so I've been looking into the delid-die-mate 2 which looks like an great tool to delid your cpu with minimal risk. I'd just like to ask once you've de-lidded the cpu re-pasted it etc, how do you "glue" ( if you will ) the IHS back onto the PCB? does it require anything to hold it in place or can the tool just simply attach it back on with a bit of pressure

I've never thought about this before which is why I'm a little out my depth but happy to learn! :)

Associate
OP
The tool won't reattach it without adding anything. Some people like to use silicone like the original sealant, some use superglue or other adhesives. I use a little dab of epoxy on each corner which will hold the IHS on but make it easy to remove later.

You can also leave the glue out and just hold the IHS on using the CPU socket but it will come loose any time you remove the CPU, and will need new liquid metal applying.

I appreciate the response thank you! :) will give it a try

Back
Top Bottom