Dell 2007wfp and warranty +S-IPS Query

Soldato
Im looking to buy one of these off a mate (2nd hand).

Just wondering: for me to continue the warranty what will i need. i.e. just the box and packaging or the reciept aswell? It was bought from dell directly.

Also were all uk supplied 2007wfp S-IPS's in the last 6 months?

Thanks,
Wahid.

Man of Honour
not sure about transferring warranty, prob something on Dell's site about it i would think. If not, maybe contact them to ask?

not all 2007WFP were S-IPS in last 6 months, best to maybe check the OSD factory menu as here and see if it tells you :)

Permabanned
i was wondering what panels ocuk have in stock at the moment, my brother (massive attack on theese forums) has got a S - IPS panel and i have to admit this panel is excellent and i am after one my self.

i have seen a comparison on another forum site ( Please tell me if i can provide a link ) and the sips panel seems to have much better colour quality in games compared to the spva panel. I will be using the monitor for games as i have a 17 for web surfing.

Man of Honour
fraseredwards said:
what is the recommended process for changing the panel out for a real S-IPS one if you recieve a different screen ?

Dell wont swap it for you for this reason alone, you can use distance selling actg as detailed above to return to vendor, but i'd question really why you'd even bother...there's too much hype about S-IPS vs S-PVA and a lot of it is ill-informed tbh

Back
Top Bottom