Dell 2209wa on its way and....

Associate
OP
Hi All

I have a Spyder3 Elite and got the following results under different Brightness & Contrast settings.

1) Spyder recommends leaving the monitor at defaults so I set the Bright & Contrast at 75/75

Results :-
Luminance 225
Delta E White Point 0.9
Delta E 50% Grey 0.1
Gamma 2.21

2) 25/75 (a setting think was suggested elsewhere herabouts)

Luminance 158.2
Delta E White Point 1.2
Delta E 50% Grey 0.1
Gamma 2.19

3) 20/70

Luminance 138.8
Delta E White Point 0.1
Delta E 50% Grey 0.1
Gamma 2.23

Now based on my understanding of optimal Luminance and Delta E the last results are near darned perfect. Maybe at the top end of the advised Luminance but extremely good result I think.

Have I interpreted these correctly???

TIA for any feedback :)

Associate
OP
Hi

Since that last post I have recal'ed using the Expert Consol and a target of 120 Luminance.

I used the Brightness 45 & Contrast 50 but the Expert Consul allows for balancing the RGB. Not 100% sure that has helped, might have the faintest of blue casts but oddly not sure it is visible in pictures just the background of IE browser. I read of another user who also targted 120 but he started with Bright/Contrast 75/57 ???

Ref the Delta E ~ not usre about colours as the Spyder 'reports' just what I have noted above.

Do post back with your feedback on the 2209wa :)

Associate
OP
Ref stuck and other odd pixels.

As far as I can tell mine is fine - I have a small prog that floods the screen with different colours in turn & all I see is the each of the designated colours ~ so looks good to me :D

Back
Top Bottom