Dell cancellation policy... during transit?

Associate
Hi,

The Dell UK website states:

If your order is listed as “Order received”, “Order Processing” or “Work In Progress” , you may still be able to cancel your order – please inform us right away by filling in the web form* below.

If your order has passed “In Production” or “Shipped” it’s no longer possible to cancel it. However, after you receive delivery of your order, you still have the option to return it to Dell within 7 days from receipt of order.

There seems to be a grey area concerning their 'returns policy' and their 'cancellation policy' - the wording is a bit 'hazy'... it doesn't explicitly sate what to do if you choose to cancel the order while it is in transit - it only says that you can 'return' the order when you receive it...?

Surely you can still phone up and cancel an order while it is in transit and avoid 'returning it' which incurs a fee!!

(I might be wrong but...) Im pretty sure you are within your rights to cancel an order at any stage before you sign for it even tho it says If your order has passed “In Production” or “Shipped” it’s no longer possible to cancel it. What happens if you refuse to sing for an item... you have not taken possession of the item and therefore have nothing to 'return'!

Has anyone had any experience with this..?

Associate
OP
I have been informed elsewhere that as long as you don't accept the item - you are not liable for the re-stocking fee (as you have nothing to 'return').

If anyone has experienced anything different... please let me know before I make a fool of myself with Dell!:rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Gd spot Dano!

I think the highlighted passage refers to engraving and ordering specific lid designs etc. The laptop I ordered is just one of the standard specs offered on their website (it had a Dell E-value code). There is no scope for any personalisation (that i am aware of) on the XPS 17 anyway. Not sure how that could apply to me...!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom