Dell G2724D - Budget 1440p 165hz IPS Sync Monitor

Soldato
Just purchased one coming from an older model Dell - S2716DG (TN, 144hz with Gsync). Was sceptical of the reviews given the cost - sub £200 although believe it launched at around £300 earlier this year. Would recommend to anyone as a value option.

27", really decent contrast for IPS, not much glow - minor round sides, seems fairly well calibrated, 0 dead pixels, sync tech and 165hz. sRGB mode with the smallest bump in +gamma at 26% brightness and 75% contrast seems perfect (similar to rtings review). Even the HDR seems ok, at least for the cost. The preset modes (even standard) are slightly over saturated with too much contrast as per one or two reviews it should be noted. Some may like this however.

Last edited:
Associate
Think i used the RTings profile for mine. Definitely happy with this monitor given that i tend to use it in a fairly dimly lit room, but then each users case may vary and i came from a 1080p TN panel with a similar contrast ratio.

Soldato
I almost bought two of these when there was a discount code on Dell making them £188, but I couldn't justify to myself the outlay to replace 2 monitors where the only difference is my current ones are 75Hz.

Soldato
Probably fair to say the G2724D is best budget monitor for price/performance providing you can get it with codes/rewards etc.

Took delivery a few weeks ago and it's been a joy to use... gave it a few tweaks and it's great. Still looking to go OLED and I'll probably keep this for a spare as I can't fault it.

I set the response rate to extreme and did the following tweaks; Results vary per panel.

Set in Gain:
R - 94%
G - 92%
B - 94%

Set in Offset:
R - 54%
G - 56%
B - 58-60%

Soldato
OP
Just got a 10% code that works on one monitor, so brings this down too £175. So sorely tempted.

Silly price given what you get even if the hdr is basic. Annoyingly it puts my old dell to shame and I think that cost me around £375 at the time, some were paying around £450+ as the price went up as gsync was well received.

Back
Top Bottom