Dell G3223Q 4K

Soldato
Is it the Alienware AW3423DW you brought ? Lovely screen, but I prefer something that is flat and not curved.
It was the Dell Gaming Monitor S3422DWG
Was £370 after I cashed in my £75 worth of coupons. (my account was used to order last batch of work laptops.. heh)
It's a very nice monitor... But its at work.
Thankfully my workstation uses an RTX 3070, so I've been able to play some games after work on it.

Associate
OP
Finally got my screen yesterday and it is a big step up vs my S2721DGF. My poor 3060Ti isn't good enough so im looking to upgrade that.

The screen itself looks pretty uniform, however out of the box settings it seems a little dim, but I have played around with some settings and I have got it how I want it to be. Had an initial issue with the work laptop connected to it as the text was a bit blurry. However it seemed that it was detecting the screen as YrCrBr and not RGB as default. After correcting that it looks really crisp.

Gaming wise, once set up correctly the colours look really lush and the motion is pretty good as well. All in all its a nice entry to the 4K world for under £500 for me.

Associate
Finally got my screen yesterday and it is a big step up vs my S2721DGF. My poor 3060Ti isn't good enough so im looking to upgrade that.

The screen itself looks pretty uniform, however out of the box settings it seems a little dim, but I have played around with some settings and I have got it how I want it to be. Had an initial issue with the work laptop connected to it as the text was a bit blurry. However it seemed that it was detecting the screen as YrCrBr and not RGB as default. After correcting that it looks really crisp.

Gaming wise, once set up correctly the colours look really lush and the motion is pretty good as well. All in all its a nice entry to the 4K world for under £500 for me.
Thanks for the info! Ive still not decided if i want a flat or curved screen lol

Im in no rush either so i will continue to wait unless i get a bargain!

Associate
OP
I have used mine now for a good few days and wow yeah it is a good all round monitor as you would expect from Dell. Not tried the HDR on it, but I really dont intend to. As mentioned out of the box it is a bit dim , but it might be due to my room, however I just need to either use Creator Mode profile, or just use it in Standard Mode and put the brightness to about 85% and it looks fantastic on all content. Only thing that compared to my older S2721 screen is that it has 2 less USB ports and also there isn't a line out either.

Soldato

How are you getting on with the monitor? I'm looking at updating my S2716DG and this monitor seems to tick the boxes for me. I mainly game and I've got a 3070 so hopefully that will be ok. I can get it for about £560 with the blue light discount too.

Associate
OP
How are you getting on with the monitor? I'm looking at updating my S2716DG and this monitor seems to tick the boxes for me. I mainly game and I've got a 3070 so hopefully that will be ok. I can get it for about £560 with the blue light discount too.
It has a few glitches with the G-Sync, but I suspect that it is to do with the Nvidia drivers. I dont think the 3070 will be strong enough to drive it 4K 144hz , but at 60 you should be just about ok depending on the game. I use the screen for work as well and it is brilliant as it is like having 4 screens at 1920x1080. I have gone back to the Standard Profile and just move the brightness to 85% from 75% and most things are great for me. Let me know if you have any other questions about it and ill try to answer , but not in a hyper technical way :D

Associate
Hey guys.
Would any of you have considered the 42" 4k monitor that Dell do? I'm hoping to upgrade soon from an old 27" Dell. and am not too sure what to short list yet.

I had a quick look at this G3223Q in Lustrals bill, but the one I see at the Dell site is nearly £200 dearer :(

Associate
OP
Hey guys.
Would any of you have considered the 42" 4k monitor that Dell do? I'm hoping to upgrade soon from an old 27" Dell. and am not too sure what to short list yet.

I had a quick look at this G3223Q in Lustrals bill, but the one I see at the Dell site is nearly £200 dearer :(
I wouldn't have considered it due to my desk would be too small for a 42 inch screen to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom