Dell Optiplex 780 DT advice

Associate
Hi all, firstly I know this is an old crappy PC but I just wan't to play some old games I still have knocking around.
It's a long time since I've played games on PC and I find myself a bit lost trying to find out which graphics card is suitable for this PC.
It's a Dell Optiplex 780 DT, it's quad core and has 8gb ram but it's the DT model and I don't think it will take a full sized card.
If any of you out there have experience of this PC and can advise me which cards would be suitable I would be extremely grateful.

Thank's in advance,
Simon.

Associate
Associate
I've had a look at the technical guidebook for the optiplex 780 and considering the power specifications for one of the GPUs that would have been included, there doesn't appear to be a power limit on the PCIe slot (there isn't even any mention of a power limit on the PCIe 16x slot) so the 1050Ti should work (just check to see if there's anything relating to power printed neat the slot on the motherboard before pulling the trigger on the card otherwise you'll have to go for the GT1030 if there's a power limit on the slot).

Soldato
all you would need to make it a better than stock system..

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £348.86
(includes shipping: £9.90)

and if you can swap the psu for none dell this something efficient like this will do the trick.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £101.89
(includes shipping: £9.90)

Back
Top Bottom