Dell S3220DGF

Soldato
How is this operating for current users? Just snagged one from Dell with a 15% discount and free shipping, ended up paying peanuts really. Delivery date is super long though :(

Soldato
Just be aware of Freesync brightness flicker on this panel, I just return the exact same monitor myself due to that. Otherwise, it's a pretty decent VA panel. Some dark smearing but seems to be one of the better VA's I've tried. Looks gorgeous too with its 8bit + FRC.

Soldato
OP
Just be aware of Freesync brightness flicker on this panel, I just return the exact same monitor myself due to that. Otherwise, it's a pretty decent VA panel. Some dark smearing but seems to be one of the better VA's I've tried. Looks gorgeous too with its 8bit + FRC.
Hmm, don't believe reviews ever mentioned those. I guess I'll find out soon.

Soldato
Hmm, don't believe reviews ever mentioned those. I guess I'll find out soon.
From my understanding, it's something that plagues Samsung's VA panels but it's not guaranteed it will happen. Some panels somehow dodge this. I'll cross my fingers for you cause if you get one without the brightness flicker you got yourself a pretty sweet monitor

Soldato
OP
Ahh, I had a £360 quote from them, but decided against buying it. Delivery time was too long.
Yeah, i'm starting to think that to be honest. End of this month is so long, didn't realize they ship straight from Asia, would have thought they would have an EU warehouse at the very least.

Associate
Hi @random_matt did you get the Dell S3220DGF in the end? If so, what are your impressions? Am currently looking at the Iiyama Ultrawides (Flat vs. Curve) as they are around my budget of £400. However, this monitor is the backup plan. The Iiyama are not available to purchase, so I could be tempted to ditch the UW. Let us know.

Soldato
OP
Hi @random_matt did you get the Dell S3220DGF in the end? If so, what are your impressions? Am currently looking at the Iiyama Ultrawides (Flat vs. Curve) as they are around my budget of £400. However, this monitor is the backup plan. The Iiyama are not available to purchase, so I could be tempted to ditch the UW. Let us know.
A+ My opinion is a Iiyama won't be better than Dell. The latter are one of the best monitor brands, price is pretty good if you search around UK retailers. The dell web price got jacked up heavily.

May of won the panel lottery with mine, almost zero issues with it. Colour is great, accurate and HDR is reasonable, but mainly bought it for size and frame rate. Obviously my card will be upgraded come black friday maybe.

I guess you may prefer IPS, and that is fair enough, your choice in that regard may be the better purchase. I have not dived into the reviews of it to be honest.

Associate
Thanks @random_matt for the update. And well done on a great purchase :) (and hopefully worth the wait!). I currently own a Dell (https://www.dell.com/is/business/p/dell-u2412m/pd) which has served me well for over 8 years. My other long serving monitor was an Iiyama (it was one of their Flatron Vision Master Pro CRTs :D). I think I need to get a curved screen and for my budget that will likely mean a VA panel. I am not worried about this. The Dell S3220DGF has got some really good reviews.
The main reason for UW is for work reasons rather than gaming. I suspect the Dell is built better and has a better panel that the Iiyama 34" curved (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...144hz-va-panel-freesync-premium-pro.18888669/). Sadly the curved Dell UW (with freesync) are way too expensive for me!

Enjoy the new monitor.

Associate
I have just received my S3220DGF and I am very impressed. I placed my order on 3rd November for £315 using a discount code. I also got £15 cashback from TopCashBack (still pending). The delivery date was supposed to be Yesterday but a week ago the website stated it was delayed until January 10th. I phoned up to cancel as I needed a monitor before then. Dell offered a further 10% off if I kept the order which I did. Low and behold the monitor turned up yesterday, the day it was originally supposed to!

So assuming I get the cashback it only cost me £268.50!

As with all monitor purchases I fully expected to be sending it back again because of dead pixels, back light bleed etc. Not this time though. The monitor was perfect. Zero dead pixels and zero noticable back light bleed. I couldn't believe it.

The picture quality itself is really good. Coming from a 27" IPS 1440p monitor the bigger 32" is a tiny bit less sharp but still really nice looking. The deeper blacks of the VA panel and lack of IPS glow really outclass my previous monitor. There is a little bit of black smearing but it is hardly noticable to me. The colours are fantastic on this screen.

The biggest problem is the brightness flicker with freesync on. However I think I have sorted it using CRU and setting the freesync range to 80 - 162hz.

I honestly dont think you can buy a better monitor for the money. In fact I would say you have to spend double to beat it. Huge thumbs up from me!

Back
Top Bottom