Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP vs 30-inch Apple Cinema HD

Associate
I was walking round an Apple Store the other, when I can across the 30-inch Apple Cinema monitor. I have to admit i was very impressed, the picture quality was absolutely amazing.

My question is what would be the best buy:

Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP or 30-inch Apple Cinema HD.
Or would it be better to go for the 24" version of the Dell monitor?

I want the monitor for:

1. Gaming
2. Photoshop
3. Level editing.

Obiviously the 30" Dell is about £300 cheaper and apparently the Apple suffers from some ghosting.

Obviously athetics aren't everything, but i use one a 20" dell at work and i cant say they are particually nice to look at.

Associate
Depends on what graphics card you have really and what games you are going to play, becuase it is very doubtful that you are going to be using the 30" at native res to play games.

Id say the 30" panels will be great for photoshopping and level editing becuase of the workspace area.

Ive not heard that the apple suffers from ghosting but if it did then you have kind of answered the question yourself.

The new dell 3007, looks nothing like the old 20" dells, it has a new bezel and a sexe new stand, and i personally think that its better on the eyes to have a black bezel (used sammy 17" tfts at uni with silver bezels and find it a bit harder on the eyes)

Back
Top Bottom