Dell UP2716D

Associate
I am looking at the Dell UP2716D which only really seems to be available now on the dell website, other computer hardware sites have this as end of life/discontinued. I will mainly be using this for photography and this seems to be well rated.

Are there any other options for the £400-650 range? Is a new Dell coming?

Associate
OP
I did think that the 2716 was discontinued some time ago and replaced with what is now the 2719.

Damn I have been looking forever on dell just searching for premier colour panels and none of the IPS 2719's have been coming up! I think because the older model is 100%SRGB and the newer ones aren't. Need to do some research to find out which is the best. Thanks.

Associate
Dell actually have the best nomenclature for their monitors. https://www.dell.com/support/articl...l-monitor-types-by-their-model-number?lang=en

They literally put the model year in the name. I dont think any other company does this.

So for the monitor you listed

UP = Ultra-sharp Professional
27 = 27"
16 = 2015-2016 release period
D = QHD (Quad High Definition)

Having a look at the spec, I don't think the U2719D is a true successor as you said due to lacking the extended colour gamut support.

I would have a look at the LG 27GL850. Spec wise it better than the UP2716D in every way and is cheaper too.

Associate
OP
I would have a look at the LG 27GL850. Spec wise it better than the UP2716D in every way and is cheaper too.

Would it be better for colour reproduction as well, it seems to be sold as a gaming monitor? I will be using my old calibrator too but I'm unfamiliar with the new panel technology 98% of the DCI-P3 color space.

Thanks for your information :)

Back
Top Bottom