Dell warranty query

Soldato
I have a 2405fpw and I think it's starting to go, the dvi doesn't seem to work (tried on a few gfx cards with 2 cables and a couple of windows installs) and its getting backlight bleed at the top.

Now here's the thing, I bought 1 (well, 8 actually but thats another story) from dell about 18 months ago so I'm well in warranty.. however, the one I kept I sold to someone on here, then realising I'd made a mistake selling, I bought another from a member here which came from a uk store.

Is there any way dell would be able to tell that this one isn't the one on the receipt I have from them? I don't see any mention of serial numbers on the receipt.

Secondly, assuming I do get somewhere with a warranty claim.. does it go away or is it swapped out?

ie, when I'm in the area tomorrow, should I go to ocuk to buy a 2407 to *cough* tide me over?

Soldato
matt100 said:
I have a 2405fpw and I think it's starting to go, the dvi doesn't seem to work (tried on a few gfx cards with 2 cables and a couple of windows installs) and its getting backlight bleed at the top.

Now here's the thing, I bought 1 (well, 8 actually but thats another story) from dell about 18 months ago so I'm well in warranty.. however, the one I kept I sold to someone on here, then realising I'd made a mistake selling, I bought another from a member here which came from a uk store.

Is there any way dell would be able to tell that this one isn't the one on the receipt I have from them? I don't see any mention of serial numbers on the receipt.

Secondly, assuming I do get somewhere with a warranty claim.. does it go away or is it swapped out?

ie, when I'm in the area tomorrow, should I go to ocuk to buy a 2407 to *cough* tide me over?
The order/invoice number will be tagged to the serial number/service tag on Dells systems. If they don't ask for it and just check to see if the serial number is under warranty you might get away with it.

As for how it gets sorted again it depends on the warranty. Dells base warranty (I think) is Next Business Day which means they'll send someone out to swap the monitor and base out with your one. You'll end up with a refurbished one which will carry the balance of the remaining warranty.

Back
Top Bottom