Associate
hey guys,

just ordered myself one of these
T7500
2GB
1440x900
8600m GT

all in all delivered for €1085

think thats a good deal or could i have gone further??? , had a €70 coupon and managed to get him down from almost €1300!!

Soldato
hey guys,

just ordered myself one of these
T7500
2GB
1440x900
8600m GT

all in all delivered for €1085

think thats a good deal or could i have gone further??? , had a €70 coupon and managed to get him down from almost €1300!!

I thought the only screen option was the 1280x800 at the moment, or are the new versions available now? I opted for a Vostro in the end (ordered it literally 30 mins ago), as couldn't justify the extra for the XPS. Ended up with a similar spec to the above really:

T7500 2.0Ghz
3Gb Ram
8600m GT
160Gb HDD
1440 x 900 screen
Bluetooth (optional extra)
9 cell battery

£549 + vat (£645)

Last edited:
Associate
how on earth is it that in the us, and now ireland or so it would seem(!), you can get higher resolutions than you can here in the uk?! that said, you cant get the 1680x1050 on the irish website yet. i would say that is a reasonable deal judging by the exchange rate calculator i just used. i specced the cpu below that, managed to find a 10% off coupon code, and got it down to around £760 before ringing up to barter with them. fingers crossed they release the 1680x1050 screen over here soon!!!

Associate
erm cant you get this laptop in the business section for the same spec but less? like a lot less lol i would say this is the new vostro (buying from this business section, home consumer is just a huge rip) you pritty mch getting everything the vostro had but its a better design and build

Soldato
erm cant you get this laptop in the business section for the same spec but less? like a lot less lol i would say this is the new vostro (buying from this business section, home consumer is just a huge rip) you pritty mch getting everything the vostro had but its a better design and build

For the same spec as the Vostro I listed above (except less ram and a bigger HDD), it is £716 ex vat on the business section, so well over £150 more.

Soldato
I ordered mine this morning and it came to £868, that was with the 1280x screen. If you could have waited a month or two you would have got the new 1680x panels, which afaik are only available in Canada so far.

I'll be gutted if they bring out the 1680x screens in a weeks time!

Soldato
options there as of today. oops!!
Vadernooo.jpg

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10862095&postcount=56

Nooooooooooooooo! :(:o

ive

ive

Associate
OP
yep, a week or so and i could have gotten that 1680x1050, ah well, hopefully what i ahve will do the job. as of today its been dispatched..woot woot should be here monday

btw kainz, what specs you get, overall opinions??

Soldato
I posted my opinions on that same thread btw. I'll be writing a review on my blog tommorow too.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10848779&postcount=36

I've not tried the DVD slot drive yet, so that will get a thorough workout tommorow. I've heard it's rather noisy but we'll see because I also heard the 1530's 250GB hard drive was noisy, yet mine is silent.

I went for:

C2D 2.2ghz, 800mhz fsb, 4MB Cache
15.4" 1280x800 Truelife display
Biometric Fingerprint reader (software uninstalled)
Tuxedo Black/2MP Camera
2GB DDR2 Ram
250GB 5,400rpg hard drive
8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive (apparently)
9 Cell Battery
Nvidia Gefrog 8600M GT
Integrated Blueteeth
HDMI stuffs​

That's all I can think of right now. Build quality is solid, the brushed aluminium keyboard surround is top notch and the keyboard feels good, and I mean really good. Biometric fingerprint reader software was fun for about a day, until my gf logged in using her thumb...not sure how given that I had passworded the software lol - so it got uninstalled, bloat tbh.

The screen however I'm not too impressed with. It looks great with no dead pixies but it isn't very bright. Even my old Acer had a much brighter screen. Battery life on the 9 cell is hard to tell atm because I'm still installing software, which drains it a lot.

Very pleased with the purchase, especially the amount of stuff it comes with. However I am concerned about two things:

1. The cooling fan rarely comes on.
2. The trackpad feels rough and unresponsive at times. It's certainly not smooth. I imagine this will vary on every 1530 model though. I don't really enjoy using the pad, compared to my older Acer model.

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered mine this morning and it came to £868, that was with the 1280x screen. If you could have waited a month or two you would have got the new 1680x panels, which afaik are only available in Canada so far.

I'll be gutted if they bring out the 1680x screens in a weeks time!

Ordered mine after Christmas and Dell have completely and utterly cocked up the order. It's now sat in a warehouse in France where I was for 3 weeks, they try and deliver it the day I come back :mad: despite me telling them my timetable. Damn them!

But to point, the only option I had was the 1280x screen, but when asked whether I could have the 1440x900 screen available in the States, they didn't bat an eyelid.

And I kept pestering and they kept taking money off!

But their customer service sucks from what I've seen, so I'm not sure whether to go elsewhere. Will see...

Edit: They now appear to have more screen options available on their website. Don't you hate being a bit too ahead of the game!

Associate
kainz, ive ordered onw of these. cant wait for it to get here. you say it came with a load of free stuff. what exactly would that be

Soldato
There's a review on my blog that details erm the essentials. It came with:
* Creative EP-630 noise isolating headphones, which I do highly rate. No where near the region of my Super.fi headphones but still quite good. Those are worth around £30.

* A 2GB SD card in the 8-in-1 slot.

That's all that comes to mind atm.

Soldato
Ordered mine after Christmas and Dell have completely and utterly cocked up the order. It's now sat in a warehouse in France where I was for 3 weeks, they try and deliver it the day I come back :mad: despite me telling them my timetable. Damn them!

But to point, the only option I had was the 1280x screen, but when asked whether I could have the 1440x900 screen available in the States, they didn't bat an eyelid.

And I kept pestering and they kept taking money off!

But their customer service sucks from what I've seen, so I'm not sure whether to go elsewhere. Will see...

Edit: They now appear to have more screen options available on their website. Don't you hate being a bit too ahead of the game!
Was just mucking about on the site and you're right, the price has dropped too. I was expecting that tbh.

On dell's own blog they did state that the XPS range would receive quite a few new additions early on in 2008. Obviously larger res screens was just the first of those. I guess we'll soon see the .45nm CPU's arriving, as well as backlight options in future.

Associate
so if ive ordered this laptop from the dell uk website, am i likely to recieve these goodies?

Like I said, I ordered mine on the 28th December to be posted to France where I was for 3 weeks and needed to do some work. It's made in Ireland, so posting it to France rather than England shouldn't be a problem, thinks I. Oh how wrong could I be.

I ultimately (after being reassured that it was definietly on its way, "I've checked myself sir") kept getting emails from Dell saying they couldn't send it to France and it would be delivered to England (to a friend's) whilst UPS were telling me it was sat in a delivery depot in the Alps...

I was finally emailed with a phone number to pick it up from the depot in France whilst sat in the airport departure lounge!

Eventually decided to cancel it and reorder (and only cos they knocked about £250 off for all the "inconvenience and stress"). Due "by the 4th Feb" - we shall see! At least I managed to change the screen to a higher still resolution, so that's something.

So in answer to your question, HK3948, I can safely say that it is the lap of the Gods! I'll ley you know if mine turns up...!

Associate
On dell's own blog they did state that the XPS range would receive quite a few new additions early on in 2008. Obviously larger res screens was just the first of those. I guess we'll soon see the .45nm CPU's arriving, as well as backlight options in future.

Why do I always order things just before the big new addons get introduced? It does seem hellishly quick when the 1530 has only really been around for a couple of months.

Soldato
Im about to order one.

2ghz - 1680x1050 screen, 9 cell battery in red - £800 inc VAT. Just swithering whether its worth it or not.

I have a vostro 1500 just now, but i cant play wow at full detail (1440x900), does anyone know how much better the 8600 ddr3 is over the 8600 ddr2 in my vostro?

Soldato
I picked up these from the Outlet yesterday:

XPS M1530 CORE 2 DUO T7700 2.40GHz
English - Vista Home Premium
£886 delivered
Memory: 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
Hard Disk Drive: Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)
Video: ASSY, BASE 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT
NoteBook Screen: 15.4 WXGA+ Widescreen (1440x900) TFT Truelife
DVD Drive: Blu Ray Slim Slot-Load Drive, including SW
MISC: Intel 4965WLAN Mini-Card EUR
CCFL backcover black & 2.0mp camera
FINGERPRINT READER BIOMETRIC WITH BLACK
INTEL? NEXT-GEN WIRELESS-N MINI-PCI CARD
EUROPEAN - DELL TRUEMOBILE 355 INTERNAL

XPS M1530 CORE 2 DUO T5450 1.66GHz
£451 delivered
Hard Disk Drive: 160GB HD Serial ATA (5400rpm)
NoteBook Screen: 15.4 WXGA (1280x800) with Truelife
CD Read-Write Drive: 8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive, including SW
CCFL backcover black & 2.0mp camera
Intel 3945 WLAN Mini-Card EUR
BATTERY XPS PRIMARY 6-CELL 56WHR LI-ION
INTEL? PRO WIRELESS 3945 802.11A/B/G MIN
GRAPHICS CARD 128MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 8400m

XPS M1530 CORE 2 DUO T7500 2.20GHz
£586 delivered
Hard Disk Drive: Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)
Video: ASSY, BASE 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT
NoteBook Screen: 15.4 WXGA+ Widescreen (1440x900) TFT Truelife
CD Read-Write Drive: 8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive, including SW
CCFL BACKCOVER RED & 2.0MP CAMERA
Intel 4965WLAN Mini-Card EUR
Battery XPS Primary 9-cell 85WHr Li-Ion
INTEL? NEXT-GEN WIRELESS-N MINI-PCI CARD

Back
Top Bottom