Denon x6400 Switching Off

Soldato
HI

I have a x6400 that does not really get pushed that hard so I'm surprised to report that it seems to randomly switch off. I'm running cooling fans on it even though it does not appear to be getting hot. Nothing has changed in terms of speaker setup, Any other thoughts to likely causes ?

Soldato
HI

I have a x6400 that does not really get pushed that hard so I'm surprised to report that it seems to randomly switch off. I'm running cooling fans on it even though it does not appear to be getting hot. Nothing has changed in terms of speaker setup, Any other thoughts to likely causes ?
Does it go into standby or off.

Soldato
Goes into standby , no flashing power lights or anything.
I have an older Sony 2400es when turned on from button does a self check & it done the same thing so I cleaned the switch twice but no joy friend come round told him he said it's button I said no no it's not I cleaned it.

Cut a long story short he cleaned the switch lol he was right so blowing it out was not enough just a thought for you.

Soldato
OP
I have an older Sony 2400es when turned on from button does a self check & it done the same thing so I cleaned the switch twice but no joy friend come round told him he said it's button I said no no it's not I cleaned it.

Cut a long story short he cleaned the switch lol he was right so blowing it out was not enough just a thought for you.
Will have a look at the weekend , thanks , worth a go.

Associate
I had this issue with my Yamaha AV amp, I'd almost get to the end of a film and it would switch off apparently randomly. I initially thought it was an overheating issue. It turned out it went into standby after 90 mins if it thought it wasn't being used, so any volume change reset the counter - changing this in the settings fixed the issue. Hopefully there is a similar setting that's causing this in your case and its therefore an easy fix.

Soldato
OP
I had this issue with my Yamaha AV amp, I'd almost get to the end of a film and it would switch off apparently randomly. I initially thought it was an overheating issue. It turned out it went into standby after 90 mins if it thought it wasn't being used, so any volume change reset the counter - changing this in the settings fixed the issue. Hopefully there is a similar setting that's causing this in your case and its therefore an easy fix.
Had a look and could not see anything in the menu to suggest that is happening.

Back
Top Bottom