Deoderant on a plane - quick question

Associate
laissez-faire said:
Flying out today, I fly all the time but never usually use pressurised deoderant (i.e. Lynx). Is the metal strong enough to withstand possible decompression of the hold?
As long as it's packed in your case you should be fine. I dont think they usually pressurise the cargo hold unless they are carrying live animals or something

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother ******* deoderants on this mother ******* plane!

Soldato
I've been told to put it in my hand luggage and then on a different airline told to check it in - I don't think it matters but for my sanity I just put a roll on in my hand luggage now (long haul flights = stops = nice to be able to refresh yourself).

Permabanned
laissez-faire said:
Flying out today, I fly all the time but never usually use pressurised deoderant (i.e. Lynx). Is the metal strong enough to withstand possible decompression of the hold?
That would depend upon the pressure inside the aerosol, the altitude that you are flying at and the speed of the decompression.
Better to put it in the hand luggage.

Soldato
I was told, that if it goes in the hold, no one cares... however if it goes in the cabin spray it first... (at home). I.e. if it's new, make sure it has had one spray.

Something like that.... sudden change in altidude can make it expand/contract...

Oh I dunno....

*gets coat*

Back
Top Bottom