Derren Brown: Sacrafice

Sgarrista
Commissario
Always loved Derren Browns stuff to one degree or the other having seen all his live shows as well, but this was another level.

I suggest everyone goes and takes a watch.

Soldato
I really enjoyed it. There were a couple of moments there where I found myself giving the TV 100% attention and holding my breath - only realising I was doing this after the event.
Of course the usual haters will hate, but felt it was really well produced and filmed. Of course there had to be an "American theme" what with it being Netflix, but I don't think detracted from it at all - lets be honest, this one wouldn't have worked anywhere else.

Soldato
Waiting for people to say it is all fake as they always do. Nobody has even proven Derren uses stooges but that doesn't stop people saying it every single time.

Was good, not his best by any means, but it was very well done.

I felt empathy for the guy, he was clearly a family man and patriotic and his xenophobia probably came from the fear that others might not respect and love his country the way he does. I'm pleased Derren was realistic at the end and said the truth lies somewhere between.

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting for people to say it is all fake as they always do. Nobody has even proven Derren uses stooges but that doesn't stop people saying it every single time.

Was good, not his best by any means, but it was very well done.

I felt empathy for the guy, he was clearly a family man and patriotic and his xenophobia probably came from the fear that others might not respect and love his country the way he does. I'm pleased Derren was realistic at the end and said the truth lies somewhere between.

I got into a massive argument on Youtube of all places over this very thing.
As we all know he claims to never use stooges. If you want to believe that or not I guess is your choice. However, having seen him live and watching the randomness of it all and watching the TV shows where, quite frankly, if he was going to use a stooge he could have used a better one!
I casually said "With the many hundreds of people involved with the production of Derren's shows, you'd think that if there was something going on behind the scenes, that everything is a complete setup, then surely one person, just one person would have come forward to the press by now and told their story".

The amount of abuse I got over that post was quite unreal to be honest. I know, I know - choose your audience and I was never going to get a healthy debate on a site like that.
In my mind there are a hardcore group that simply "Don't get Derren" or, more likely, "Don't understand how/what just happened" so it must all be fake as that is the only way they can explain it.

Soldato
I casually said "With the many hundreds of people involved with the production of Derren's shows, you'd think that if there was something going on behind the scenes, that everything is a complete setup, then surely one person, just one person would have come forward to the press by now and told their story".

lol, you're so naive. if they can keep JFK, 911 and the fake Moon landings secret how hard is it for Derren? :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
lol, you're so naive. if they can keep JFK, 911 and the fake Moon landings secret how hard is it for Derren? :D

He obviously hypnotizes them into keeping the secret... but... hold on if hes able to do that does that then mean its all real, so he has no point in using stooges?!

Soldato
As we all know he claims to never use stooges. If you want to believe that or not I guess is your choice. However, having seen him live and watching the randomness of it all and watching the TV shows where, quite frankly, if he was going to use a stooge he could have used a better one!

That's my thoughts on it too. The stage shows I've been to have been far too random to allow him to use stooges. Frisbess thrown multiple times between the audience etc. I know it's all smoke and mirrors and nothing is left to chance, but I'd love to know how he does some of the things, it helps that he is an awesome showman too.

Back
Top Bottom