Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking for a decent quality desk mat/pad. We recently made a lovely workstation desk from solid wood worktop and my current desk pad is average. I'm not keen anymore. It's one of those generic items that multiple brand names sell but just stick their name in the corner.

I'm after a premium product and happy to pay for it. What kind of materials or brands would be recommended?

I'm thinking of a full grain leather desk pad with my company logo on and a couple of matching coasters. I think it would look great but I'm wondering if it's practical for constant mouse use. Aside from that it seems the market is flooded with more of what I already have.

So over to the OCUK forum members - what type of desk pad do you have and what would you recommend?

Associate
I currently use a hard mat, its pretty good to use for general purpose or gaming but can wear your mouse skates down faster than a soft mat depending how often you use it. As for recommendation i think its a matter of personal preference and usability.

Associate
I've been using a faux leather mouse mat (900 by 400mm) for almost 4 years and its fine. It hasn't worn out yet at all. Its double sided (green on one side, the other is grey), so I occasianlly turn in over. I use it for gaming, working from home and web surfing, so its been very heavily used for years.

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone for the responses. The OCUK mat seems similar to the one I have, just with OCUK branding. I'm after something a notch or two better.
Wondering if anyone on the forum has a leather one and if so, do they recommend?

Soldato
You'd qualify for free shipping though, wouldn't you?
Min spend is £20. So this would be under. But yeah good buy for someone looking to get a few items.
I paid £15 for auction site one as it was the cheapest “stitched” edge mat I could find with shipping included that is fairly large as well.

I used to not like the idea of mouse mat. But these large ones are god sent. Keeps the keyboard in place and snug, also very handy as a working space. Plus protects the surfaces

Back
Top Bottom