Desktop For Streaming (but not Gaming) GPU/Motherload query

Associate
Hi,
I'm looking at getting a PC mainly for video streaming (and particularly using Window Capture via OBS).

After a bit of research I'm looking at a Ryzen 5 3600X processor with 16GB RAM, but in terms of GPU (and a Motherboard) I'm a bit less sure.

I've put together a build below which I think would suit me for my budget (~£800, up to £1,000 at most), although wondering if I would need a better GPU/Motherload for what I'd be using it for.

For context, I'll mainly be using my PC for streaming (but not gaming) on Twitch via OBS - and my main concerns are that I'd like to be able to use Window/Screen Capture (which apparently requires a decent GPU), and that the machine itself doesn't make a lot of noise, particularly when I'm recording a video podcast (again through OBS) or doing a live stream.*

Any help/recommendations would be extremely welcome.

Processor: (CPU): AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard: ASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM):16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Total: £815.00

* (I should also add, this is me upgrading from a fairly low-end laptop that can do the basic necessities of what I've described but gets overstimulated very quickly when live streaming & trying to do Window Captures - and has pretty noisy fans come on when doing even basic tasks or mics/captures cards are plugged in. I'm thinking that the CPU/RAM I've went for may even be way above what I'd need, but I'd prefer to make sure what I go for will definitely be good enough across the board)

Man of Honour
Hi your system is fine but uou mite want to get 3200nhz ram as that is optimal for ryzen cpu. Gpu dosn't need to be powerful from doing a quick google unless you can post a link with system requirements.

Back
Top Bottom