Desperados 3

Soldato
Not had too much call to use it unless a couple of targets are close to each other but only into mission 2 at the moment.

Never used it much in Shadow Tactics either.

Underboss
Played about an hour of it today, been sat on the couch playing it rather than with keyboard and mouse and it plays pretty nice, not a big fan of having to save every 20 seconds (as im rotten at these types of games). Would also rather the camera followed you rather than you having to control it but overall a very fun little game. I prefer it to Blades, but for me Gears of War tactics is the more satisfying game (albeit they are different enough to enjoy both).

Agreed about the camera, just found out you can change the "time since last save" pop in gameplay settings, got mine set to 5 mins now.

Soldato
Only a couple of gripes so far.

Hints don't always appear when they should.

Coopers guns only hold 8 bullets in total. He has 2x six shooters, surely he should be able to hold 6 in each?

Other than that, really enjoying it. Good size maps and some nice set ups.

Man of Honour
Very positive review. Mack’s always a laugh. Must admit the ‘stealth’ and ‘hard’ aspects put me off a bit.

Must admit, I'm not a massive fan of Mack as sometimes he irritates me but I have to give credit to someone who likes a game in a genre that they dont like. Sign of a true gamer that :)

Soldato
Are you guys targeting the challenges? I must admit to looking them up before the missions. I've done the first 3 missions twice each to get most of the badges - I'm not interested in speedruns though.

In mission 4 I haven't been able to kill all the guards; I was 10 short. Do those hidden in alarm huts count? If you knock someone out and then kill them, does that count as a kill?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm thinking about buying the first game in the series on Steam. Wondering if anyone has played the original lately? It might end up being totally janky after playing this third game.

Associate
I'm thinking about buying the first game in the series on Steam. Wondering if anyone has played the original lately? It might end up being totally janky after playing this third game.

i tried it a few months ago after playing Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond the Call of Duty again, really enjoyed them but couldnt get into Desperados at all, loved it when it first released though and will at some point try this new one. :)

Caporegime
i tried it a few months ago after playing Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond the Call of Duty again, really enjoyed them but couldnt get into Desperados at all, loved it when it first released though and will at some point try this new one. :)

I've just had a thought - there’s bound to be some footage on YouTube so I’ll see how it plays in the first mission to get an idea.

Caporegime
Having finished this game and loved every second, I remembered seeing something about Shadow Tactics. No idea what it was until I saw a banner on Steam and clicked through. To my surprise it’s done by the same devs, Mimimi. So there I was getting ready to buy it on Steam, hoping that it’s as good as Desperados 3. Then I had another thought... Yes! It’s been sitting there in my Epic library along with the hundred others I’ve never played. What a bonus! Downloading right now.

Back
Top Bottom