Desperate of bios right settings!

Associate
My new pc gets blackscreens, at first it came with cinebench and i did some settings on ppt,tdc,edc wich is at 300/230/230.. this was great until i tried MW2 and it keeps dying again and again.. can somone please help me

Specs:

Corsair RM1000x

Palit RTX 3090ti

ASUS PRIME X570-PRO

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance
Seagate Firecuda 530 NVMe SSD Gen 4 1TB

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I can but the BC increases then, i believe its overvolted for some reason..
Thats why i changed it in the first place!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just noticed that a lot of people are having issues with especially MW2. So i returned settings on 300/240/240 and tried to run RDR2, Spiderman, Forza5 MAX settings with SUCCESS!
I refunded the mw2 without even conversating with someone on battle.net so i guess that it is something wrong with that game!

my GPU is running on three individual cables to the PSU.

I even want to point out that the tempetures never even went over 75C on mw2 running.

thank you for replying guys!

Last edited:
Associate
It is always a mistake to stress test a PC with a game engine. Always use repeatable benchmarks like Cinebench or Prime95 to stress test a PC. The reason for this is 95% of crashes in game are due to the game and not the system.

You will be seeing higher than expected voltages because thats just what mobo manufacturers do. They dynamically boost voltage to increase system stability and this leads to higher than needed temps. You can mess around in the bios to try and disable this behaviour but you will not be able to eliminate it entirely. It is nothing to worry about because your temps are fine.

I am glad you seem to have it sorted and realised it is the games problem and not your PC.

Associate
It is always a mistake to stress test a PC with a game engine. Always use repeatable benchmarks like Cinebench or Prime95 to stress test a PC. The reason for this is 95% of crashes in game are due to the game and not the system.
Had a 3800x briefly that was stable in stress tests but unstable in games, sometimes both are needed, my case the cpu was unstable at higher clocks only reached in light loads like games, cpu stress tests load the cpu heavy so high clocks are never reached.

Associate
OP

You will be seeing higher than expected voltages because thats just what mobo manufacturers do. They dynamically boost voltage to increase system stability and this leads to higher than needed temps. You can mess around in the bios to try and disable this behaviour but you will not be able to eliminate it entirely. It is nothing to worry about because your temps are fine.

I am glad you seem to have it sorted and realised it is the games problem and not your PC.
Thank you for your answer. I stress tested it today with prime95 and crashed twice. I increased the ppt,tdc,edc to 300/250/250 for more testing! Will be back!

Back
Top Bottom