• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

"detect optiomal frequencies" ???

Associate
I tired 2 different drivers XTreme-G 84.37.v2 and Forceware 87.08 and as soon as i click on the "detect optiomal frequencies" this box opens and after 3-4 lights my computer starts to hang. Then i reboot and increased the core from 500 to 505 and the same thing happens. I have a evga 7900 GT co 2 weeks old with a zalman vf900 and just started to o/c. Any advice?
For some reason, as soon as i click on "detect optiomal frequencies" my computer hangs. Any others with this problem?
Thanks

Associate
I had problems with a couple of GT's i got from Inno3d. They weren't pre oc'd or anything but every time i tried the detect optimal frequencies i got little coloured dots, flashing screen, hang ups etc. Luckily i managed to return the cards and get a refund. I've heard that some batches of GT's and GTX's (mainly the pre oc'd ones) were already pushing as far as they could go, some of them too far and this was causing problems for lots of people. check out this article for info..

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=235

Associate
OP
bbreezeuk : i tried all kind of o/c "manual auto and detect".
I just spoke to the store and ordered a 7900gt superclocked at 520mhz.
But i still find it strange that my original 7900gt co is not overclocking.

Associate
are u just clocking the core or are u clocking the memory as well? that was what caused me all the probs with my original GT's as the mem was unstable. try leaving the core at normal and upping the mem and see if it hangs

Associate
OP
KWJay: i just tried o/cing my memory from 750 to 775 and the same thing happend , i also noticed white dots on my screen and the the computer hangs and i cant do anything. I just think this card is not overclockable. Tested at 500core and 1500 memory seems fine but no overclocking this baby. cam it be something else maybe causing this?
Thanks
PS i also have the zalman attached

Associate
Wizzardmk said:
KWJay: i just tried o/cing my memory from 750 to 775 and the same thing happend , i also noticed white dots on my screen and the the computer hangs and i cant do anything. I just think this card is not overclockable. Tested at 500core and 1500 memory seems fine but no overclocking this baby. cam it be something else maybe causing this?
Thanks
PS i also have the zalman attached

Yeah mate, looks like your card is maxed out. bummer man. Well, the mem is doing pretty well already, u could always volt mod with some conductive paint/ink and up the core that way. but thats bit of a gamble imo

Back
Top Bottom