Deus Ex: Ultra High Quality Mod

Soldato
OP
Damn, that looks good. Are these purely graphic mods? They don't muck around with the balance or story, do they?

No - the story and balance isn't changed.

There is a mod called Deus Ex Revision that does that. They've released a demo version that lets you play through a revised version of about half the game (maps changed + objectives harder to complete I think - plus old players won't know where stuff is). They should get around to finishing it eventually.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No - Invisible War is the sequel. I though it was alright but nowhere near as good as the original. I lost interest after the Egypt bit and stopped playing it.

It got a heavy backlash though and a lot of people hated it. It was a big let down for people who believed the hype and were expecting something akin to the 2nd coming of the Messiah.

Soldato
OP
Project Snowblind was also intended to be a Deus Ex sequel but they saw the backlash that Invisible War got and very sensibly went out of their way not to have it associated with the Deus Ex name.

Edit: IMO the game that was most similar to Deus Ex was Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Shame it was released in such a buggy state. Certainly worth playing now with both the Official and Unofficial patches installed. It's still a bit rough around the edges but those two (edit: DX and VTMB - not PS) stand as the finest examples of story driven single player PC gaming IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had to work away last year and bought a netbook specifically for the purpose of playing Deus Ex. Usual spec 1.6 GHz atom, 512MB RAM Intel 945G graphics. Ran perfectly.

The retail versions need the CD in the drive though. Might be easier to get the Steam version and avoid messing about with virtual drives or an external CD ROM.
Perfect, thanks... I'm gonna give this a go. Having games on a netbook is great. :cool:

Man of Honour
Project Snowblind was also intended to be a Deus Ex sequel but they saw the backlash that Invisible War got and very sensibly went out of their way not to have it associated with the Deus Ex name.

Really? I've actually got a copy of that game around here somewhere, bought it for £2.39 or something stupid from Amazon last year. I thought it was more of a generic shooter though.

Man of Honour
Yeah snowblind was supposed to be tied into DX originally - but aside from a few early combat bits I didn't think much of that game at all - the console focus meant that on the PC it was clumsy to play and looked like ugly close up (but quite nice at a distance).

Can't say I think much of this DX graphic mod tho... its a rather nasty hack over the top which emphasises the blocky nature of the game imo.

Soldato
OP
Well I had a go. I like it but the old models do stick out. I'm looking forward for the rest of the character textures getting finished by HDTP - a la Gunther.

Caporegime
I hate stuff like this, just reminds me how much this game deserves an HD remake :( Oh well *prays Deus Ex 3 is good*

Tis a good effort, but yeah there would have to be a dramatic change and with new content to entice me and that won't be happening. Will have to wait for the third, anyone know what developer is working on it?

Edit : how wrong I was. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom