Devil May Cry Demo

Soldato
Anyone else tried the new Devil May Cry demo?

I've just played the PS3 and Xbox versions.. The demo is pretty good and it's certainly one I'll get but having played them the Xbox version looks a bit better. The PS3 version had weird texture glitches that are quite distracting, I hope this will be sorted for release.

Edit: I've played the demo a few more times and like it more each time I play it

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still not a fan of Dante's new design and his personality, but looking past that and into the gameplay mechanics, it's pretty damn good that they achieved the DMC feel on 30fps. Can't wait for the PC version for it's full glory and should be the best version.

Besides at least they've outright said this "reboot" is an alternative universe version, so kind of going the same way Konami did with Castlevania as well.

This game should at least be a good stop gap before the likes of Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta 2, where knowing Platinum Game's track record would eventually and easily blow away DmC. :p

Soldato
OP
I'm actually worried that people have already decided not to like that game based on the new look and will not give it a fair chance which will be a shame. After playing the demo I certainly look forward to getting it.

Soldato
Well after giving the demo quite a few play throughs, I LOVE this.... And I cant wait till release. Tomorrow I believe???

I really hope I get to grips with the controls soon, as even though I've played it through several times I keep forgetting which trigger to press to pull them to me, or me to them. Or the which to press when wanting to climb... Thats probably more down to my play through only lasting 20 minutes or so, I can imagine playing the game will accustom me to them quicker.

But yeah, to say they nailed it is an understatement, I frikkin love this game!! And thats just going on the demo!! <3

Soldato
OP
I got my copy yesterday on the PS3 and it's good, I'm going to be playing it some more this afternoon. Quite surprised by the lack of talk about really, it's not everyday a new DMC game is released and I was quite looking forward to it.

Soldato
OP
I played this a fair bit yesterday and really enjoyed it.

The First couple of levels are so introduce you to the moves slowly so you'll learn a couple of new abilities each level. There is a fair bit of platforming, probably a bit more than previous DMC games.

I was reading on a few forums and laughing at some people who are refusing to buy the game as Dante don't have Grey Hair etc. ohh well their loss..

Soldato
I played this demo today, it's pretty good but I had a couple of slight issues/gripes. The control system is a bit overly complicated. On top of that I thought the ott swearing was a little off. I am not too bothered about it but the little to and fro with the boss in the demo was a bit cringe worthy.

Back
Top Bottom