did anyone check if DELL 2007WFP is HDCP?

I bought 2 because they support HDCP. Dont have anything to test it with though.

2007WFPx2.jpg

Because I am soooo ****** off DELL!!!!!!!!

They say that it is HDCP, then you buy the friken LCD to find later it is not, well what you think igors,
Many people r confirming it is not hdcp, and the worst part is that in the future it will (maybe) fix it with a firmware update, and I will be stuck with this thing called DELL............
fobose Do not be surprised to know later that they r not HDCP, but if you found a way to prove me wrong , I will be glad, cyberlinkHD advisor saz that it is not HDCP!!!!!!
But I think this program is in BETA. Does any one know of a way or program to test the HDCP.

Last edited:
I will not rest untill I prove it

fobose , If you found a way in the future pls post it here , and be sure I will keep on till I prove it, But I need one with HDDVD/BLU ray to try it with this DELL or at least with the SKY HD, Any one ????????????

Not sure.

I will be getting two of these monitors as soon as my bank pays up. So I will let you know if they are HDCP, that's if Sky HD uses it.

Whatever it is, I think DVD quality is fine by me. It's not like you want to take a closer look at screen and see whether it is HDCP or not?

A rubbish movie will not do DHCP any justice anyway.

Turok said:
They say that it is HDCP, then you buy the friken LCD to find later it is not, well what you think igors
Hey Turok, I just wish that I can tell you something clever regarding this subject :( We all need some definitive concept and a bit of guidance for all this HDCP fuss (may I say mess).

Even if some manufacturer is specifically stated in the spec that HDCP is supported it doesn't necessarily means that such HDCP will be useful when the time is right. You may even have slight HDCP spec or revision change or simply we may witness complete turnaround regarding this subject.

Just remember the shameful situation with all HD TV sets, sold in the last 2 years or so. They were sold and marketed as "HD" TV sets, but now you realise that no single of them is useful for HD content playback because, oh dear, it's not HDCP enabled. It's disgrace from every point of view and yes, they did advertised something that in reality is now not available.

Look, I've paid for my LCD TV ~ £2.000 not so long ago and YES, it's not HDCP enabled and what can I do. Honestly, I don't care about the HDCP anymore. Why bother. We will have workarounds, without any single shadow of doubt.

You may find this information from the "HDMI organisation" amusing:

HDCP Testing
Currently, HDMI Licensing LLC does not offer HDCP testing, although the HDMI Founders, at their discretion, may elect to do so in the future. However, HDCP testing services are available from the following providers. (Note that neither HDMI Licensing, LLC nor the HDMI Founders as a group endorse these resources and are not responsible for such services in any way).

Programs testing HDCP compliance are available from the following:

Silicon Image, Inc. http:/www.simplayhd.com.
Taken from the official HDMI web site

CyberLink BD/HD DVD Advisor analyzes the PC for capabilities of the following system components:

- Processor
- System memory
- Operating system
- Graphics card, card drivers, and video memory
- Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD drive
- Software player
- HDCP-compliance

As you may see, I wouldn't trust it that much, as in his "opinion" if any component from the list above is not "capable",test will fail and that's a long list :D

So, Turok, I'm afraid that you are pretty much on your own.

Thank you all

Well wait and see about this fuss, I just talked to someone who has some light into this situation, and what I can tell you is HDCP is rubbish and will be rubbish..............so the hell with it!!!!!!!!!

HDCP is simply an encryption method so what you will need to test if the 2007WFP can handle an HDCP encrypted signal is an HDCP encrypted source. These are obviously not that common at the moment, but will become more so (if people like MS and manufacturers have their way!) in the future. Dell advertise the screen as being hDCP compliant, and I see no reason to doubt this. Don't get this confused with whether it can or cannot support different High Definition resolutions, which is something the 2407WFP has been having some problems with. For the record the 2007WFP can show 720p content as it has a res to support this, anything higher like 1080i or 1080p would be downscaled anyway. This is regardless of the presence of lack thereof of HDCP

~EDIT: please also refrain from cross posting and repeating threads mulitple times.

Back
Top Bottom