Did anyone else know...

Soldato
I've looked at maps of europe at different points in my life and never noticed there is a Russian province inside europe. The capital is Kaliningrad. As anyone been there?

Man of Honour
Not been there but was aware of it due to a passing interest in Russia's military capabilities, etc. it is heavily militarised.

Soldato
It's been part of Germany for most of history though, hasn't it?
I'd be more worried about how many USAF bases have been plonked in the middle of other nations, TBH...

Soldato
It's been part of Germany for most of history though, hasn't it?
I'd be more worried about how many USAF bases have been plonked in the middle of other nations, TBH...

It was founded by the Teutonic Order and I think has been owned by the "Germans", Polish and Russians at various times.

Germans in the sense of the Teutonic Order, Brandenburg, North German Federation and then modern Germany. Maybe some others.

What's more interesting as an exclave is the Spanish exclaves in North Africa, really puts their thoughts on Gibraltar into focus when they maintain Ceuta and Melilla.

Edit: exclave? enclave? Can't remember which one is the one completely surrounded by another territory.

Man of Honour
if not for the great wrong HDD format of 2015 I'd still have proof of my victory there on ISDN :p

Sadly lost footage of a double nuke (50 kill streak) on COD:MW2 to RAID failure :(

People didn't take kindly to the first one (25 streak) either LOL

EqAUorK.png

Soldato
Germany have an enclave in Switzerland. Look for Büsingen am Hochrhein on maps.

In around half a mile you can go from Germany into Switzerland and back into Germany again without turning round.

Caporegime
in 1945 the Potsdam Agreement was signed by the USSR (now Russia), Britain and the USA. It specifically gave Kaliningrad (known as the German Königsberg at the time) to Russia, without opposition. That's because Russia had already invaded and taken the area from Germany a few months earlier.

lol

is the UK the only country on the winning side of WW2 that lost out massively

Back
Top Bottom