Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Consigliere
I was asking a few mates and they didn't get anything...not even a card. :(

This is obviously upsetting and I would expect even a little something to say thank you for the work I do.

I received a package today and it contained a lovely Belgian Donut Chocolates by Chocodelice (dunno but they look amazing), £100 Virgin experience vouchers and AirPod Pros. :eek: Plus a lovely card with a message.

Certainly unexpected but hugely grateful and overwhelmed at their kindness as we're only a start-up.

What about you?

(Worst 'Work love me so gave me nice things' thread ever).

Consigliere
OP
I am stunned by some of the replies to my thread...it's actually quite upsetting to hear so many employers don't give just a little 'thank you' to their team for Christmas. :(

People work for people as the old saying goes but it's true. You would want to feel valued and morale is key to happiness in your role. :(

Consigliere
OP
Nothing what-so-ever. We made literally billions in profit but staff get nothing and Christmas is just another working day for some of us like every public holiday and weekend.

No-one from management works public holidays or weekends of course.

There was an article in the press about one of the executives new working from home off-grid setup in the backwoods of America - he only spent $300k on the solar setup.

If they could get away with it they'd butcher us for our flesh to sell.

:eek: Where do you work? Oil company perhaps?

Consigliere
OP
Well, my work is sending me something today so I can see what I get compared with my OP last year. :)

To be honest though, I was expecting very little as they paid me a bonus only recently.

Back
Top Bottom