diet tips: willpower?

Permabanned
I decided the lockdown was the perfect opportunity to change my lifestyle. I have found what works for me and that is Bulletproof coffee for breakfast and then eating at 12pm and 6pm. I don’t get hungry and I have lost 9lbs over the last 3 weeks.

Soldato
Again, I'll happily simply agree to disagree with you guys. 'A diet' might be something you do on a temporary basis, but 'your diet' is what you eat. @Bonjour has said he didn't diet, he changed his diet. Two different things. I do get your point though, that a long term change in diet could be considered a change in lifestyle. Again, my point was simply around from 'Its not about diet' to 'I lost the most weight when I changed my diet' seem to contradict. :)

I don't want to cause a big argument though, as we all seem to agree and I don't want to be the cause of negativity. It's a great achievement to be proud of to change lifestyle for the better, through diet and exercise, so I will step out of the conversation. Keep it up and be an inspiration to others :)

Really not sure what point you're trying to make fella, or who you're arguing with. I didn't say 'your diet', I specifically said 'a diet'.

A permanent change in diet is a lifestyle change, I'm not sure how one could argue otherwise, or why.

This specifically why I said let's not argue about semantics, because it doesn't matter, and it's not the point of the thread.

Associate
I decided the lockdown was the perfect opportunity to change my lifestyle. I have found what works for me and that is Bulletproof coffee for breakfast and then eating at 12pm and 6pm. I don’t get hungry and I have lost 9lbs over the last 3 weeks.
Do you use the proper MCT stuff or Coconut oil in the coffee?

Permabanned
Do you use the proper MCT stuff or Coconut oil in the coffee?

I use these products, Teaspoon of coconut oil and tablespoon of the Ghee...

5-DC6-CCDF-E352-4-BE0-ADAB-AE950-B8-EF0-CF.jpg

D146-EE02-7047-494-E-AF3-A-04-EA04537-B07.jpg

D190-B4-CA-E753-46-A9-82-FC-376454-C15652.jpg

Permabanned
It really is just pure willpower. Shed 3 stone over the course of 2018 through dieting and strength training (difficult at first but found the right balance eventually). Howver you quickly learn that it's 90% what you eat that makes the difference, not the exercise. It's almost just as easy to loose weight with a sedentary lifestyle as it is to do it with an active one.

It's hard and it should be. I remember reading somewhere that the term 'dieting' is harmful in respect of the fact that being ON a diet suggests you're going to come OFF it at some point. It really is just about making a serious of lifestyle changes that will stay with you. Whilst at first I think you need to be quite strict to see results quick enough to give you the willpower to stick with it, after a while you can relax it a tad and ease back into certain things. I still don't snack during the week (nothing between meals except fruit and always fast between 7pm to 10am), but on weekends I pretty much eat what I want and just watch the snacks. No buying the big £1 blocks of chocolate and just instead buy the normal sized ones if I fancy a treat, that sort of thing.

Buying into diet plans or certain items that promise quick results is just a load of *******s. It shouldn't be easy. You should attempt to teach yourself the self restraint that will aid you in other areas of life as well.

Soldato
Have lost about 5kgs I think in the last two months (though been trying to eat better/exercise more since December or so). The main differences for me are cooking more and drinking less (I live alone and don't drink alone, so haven't had a drop since mid. March or so). I still order food here and there, but have a bit more time to cook more, so just doing that less. Also not eating out every lunch-time like I do at work normally. Most of this I think I can stick with afterwards as well - but the cooking etc. does take time. I don't know if once time goes after lockdown, so will this. And I will begin drinking again once it all ends and I see friends etc. as well, but I'm hoping that just by cooking a bit more regularly, and eating healthily at lunch, I should be able to continue it. I do agree though that it needs to be a lifestyle change as otherwise, it just won't be sustainable.

Associate
I've been struggling a bit with the lockdown and ended up drinking quite heavily and frequently as well as eating loads of junk food / binge eating.

The last week I've done ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting (2 meals, lunch and dinner). The first couple of days were rubbish but now it feels very easy now.

Importantly I've not had a drink nor have I wanted too, which is good as a couple of weeks ago I felt that I really 'needed' a drink on most days.

Back
Top Bottom