Digital flow and temp sensor

Soldato
you can get combo units, personally I dont' care what the flow rate is as it makes diddly difference to temps imho, however always nice to have a temp gauge. I got the inline Barrow one with an 14mm in/out... you can see it here. This is good and seems to be reliable and just plugs into a fan header on your board... I have a flow direction jobbie for looks but suppose you're looking for a flow metre.

09.jpg

Soldato
OP
There was two I was looking at,the thermatake which had the temp and you could set a alarm to go off at a certain temperature that one just plugs in with a molex,and the other was a barrow that could shut down the pc if the water gets to hot,it looks similar to yours.

Soldato
I have the TTake Pacific TF2 in one of my loops. Very good, as stated it has alarms for flow. Big enough to see from a distance. Just make sure you get it the right way up when fitting :p

Soldato
OP
I tried looking for that one mate but it looks like its eol.
I do have the Alphacool “Eisflügel square flow mater at the moment but I like the idea for a alarm or auto shutdown incase of any problems in the loop.

Man of Honour
you can get combo units, personally I dont' care what the flow rate is as it makes diddly difference to temps imho, however always nice to have a temp gauge. I got the inline Barrow one with an 14mm in/out... you can see it here. This is good and seems to be reliable and just plugs into a fan header on your board... I have a flow direction jobbie for looks but suppose you're looking for a flow metre.

09.jpg

Problem with that placement is you are not getting a flow over the temp gauge, its a dead end so it will never heat up as much as the rest of the loop.

You should have put it to the right so its in the constant flow of fluid.

Soldato
Problem with that placement is you are not getting a flow over the temp gauge, its a dead end so it will never heat up as much as the rest of the loop.

You should have put it to the right so its in the constant flow of fluid.
Completely agree but they look rubbish in the middle of a tube from an assthetic point of view and I only added it to give me an indication rather than an absolute value and it increases and deacreases with load and stays constant plus a have a manual meassure at the top of the loop directly into the water and that is running consistantly 1.2 - 1.3C degrees higher than whatever monitor says so, for me, it does the job I need it to. However, you'd be surprised as I was how that water gets mixed up there. I think it's the flow from the top exhaust piping that pulls the water around in that dead end... I put a flow indicator on it and it was spinning like billy o' so, thought stuff it, it does what I need it to. It's not like the water temp is going up and down in seconds... it's takes time for the loop to cool or warm up to it's level state so for me it works, but yeah I agree if you want the greatest accuracy don't do what I did lol

Soldato
OP
Hi thought I would update on my desison, I've got the barrow, main reason was the auto shut down this will be handy if the pump stops working(ddc) will be installing it on the outlet of the res,may also fit the alpha cool flow wheel as well.
BARROWCH G1/4 MULTIMODE OLED DISPLAY HEAT SENSOR ALARM WITH INTELLIGENT SHUTDOWN .

Soldato
Hi thought I would update on my desison, I've got the barrow, main reason was the auto shut down this will be handy if the pump stops working(ddc) will be installing it on the outlet of the res,may also fit the alpha cool flow wheel as well.
BARROWCH G1/4 MULTIMODE OLED DISPLAY HEAT SENSOR ALARM WITH INTELLIGENT SHUTDOWN .
You got a linky for that one?

Back
Top Bottom