Digital Form

dsb

dsb

Associate
I have to inspect equipment at my work, at the moment this is done on paper, at the end of the check i have to get the operator to sign my findings, this then gets filed away. I want to get away from paper and use my phone (S10+) i did a excel spread sheet which is ideal other than i need a signatures adding, is there some software or programme I can use.

I've tried docusign but thats not doing what i want. Any ideas?

Cost is not an issue as if it works I can set it up for other applications to not have to use paper.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I assume the signature is added on the same device (I.E. you're inspecting on-site with the operator).

Google Forms might work. You can get add-ins (https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/signature/147316795411) however they are not free, but might be a good starting point. Not used Forms or signature add-ons before, but probably the easiest route.

Otherwise you'd need a fully custom web app which can easily handle a form & signature. You could then use this back-office in the browser to refer back to any time. I did some work for a large fire detection company essentially trying to do the same thing but I moved on before that work was finished.

There are companies that handle custom forms and signatures, they're slowly replacing those companies that provide paper forms but electronic pens but I cannot remember any examples at all from my research. For the size of the comapny it was cheaper to hire a dev team than pay many different companies to handle various aspects of digitising the business (inventory and equipment checks was a small part of it).

dsb

dsb

Associate
OP
I assume the signature is added on the same device (I.E. you're inspecting on-site with the operator).

Google Forms might work. You can get add-ins (https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/signature/147316795411) however they are not free, but might be a good starting point. Not used Forms or signature add-ons before, but probably the easiest route.

Otherwise you'd need a fully custom web app which can easily handle a form & signature. You could then use this back-office in the browser to refer back to any time. I did some work for a large fire detection company essentially trying to do the same thing but I moved on before that work was finished.

There are companies that handle custom forms and signatures, they're slowly replacing those companies that provide paper forms but electronic pens but I cannot remember any examples at all from my research. For the size of the comapny it was cheaper to hire a dev team than pay many different companies to handle various aspects of digitising the business (inventory and equipment checks was a small part of it).

Yes i will be walking round with the operator checking that things are set up correctly ect making comments on the document ect, then would just like to simply add a signature there/mine at the end then save to one drive. But this seems harder than what i first thought.

Cheers for the input.

Soldato
You could check out OneNote, it might support this. You can make up basic forms with the table creator, then just add 2 signature boxes at the bottom. Export the note and store in gdrive or similar

Back
Top Bottom