• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DirectX ❤ Linux - DirectX is coming to the Windows Subsystem for Linux

Soldato
big news!

At //build 2020 we announced that GPU hardware acceleration is coming to the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2).

What is WSL? WSL is an environment in which users can run their Linux applications from the comfort of their Windows PC. If you are a developer working on containerized workload that will be deployed in the cloud inside of Linux containers, you can develop and test these workloads locally on your Windows PC using the same native Linux tools you are accustomed to. In response to popular demand, these Linux applications and tools can now benefit from GPU acceleration.

The purpose of this blog is to give you a glimpse of how this support is achieved and how the various pieces fit together.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/directx-heart-linux/

Permabanned
❤ - Test Message

WTF it copies the red heart but not the other colour hearts I pasted in this post. It must be some character that vBulletin supports nativly even though it's not an emote.

Anyway back to thread I'll work it out in a new one at some point.

Soldato
OP
❤ - Test Message

WTF it copies the red heart but not the other colour hearts I pasted in this post. It must be some character that vBulletin supports nativly even though it's not an emote.

Anyway back to thread I'll work it out in a new one at some point.

Its not even red for me in the title like your posted image, mine is white.

Associate
sod that how did you get emotes on ocuk titles? lol

pe7ciNy.png

Emojis are unicode characters, if your browser/OS has native support then the characters will be displayed as pictures. In Windows 10 you can bring up the emoji menu inside any text input by pressing Win + .

So any website that has UTF-8 support will allow you insert an emoji and it will display.

Caporegime
Running Linux on top of Windows? isn't Linux's only redeeming feature that it isn't Windows?

Whatever happened to Vulcan btw? when it first came out people were talking like it would make DirectX extinct. Now we're getting excited about running DirectX on Windows whilst VM'ing Linux? lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Running Linux on top of Windows? isn't Linux's only redeeming feature that it isn't Windows?

Whatever happened to Vulcan btw? when it first came out people were talking like it would make DirectX extinct. Now we're getting excited about running DirectX on Windows whilst VM'ing Linux? lol

Vulkan is going strong Doom being the latest title released for it.
While this isn't something I would run am sure they are loads of people that would make use out of this. While Microsoft is around and making console DirectX will always be around. Vulkan for me is the clear better API it's proven so by the games its been built on performance wise.

They are defo room for both APIs you know why Red Dead 2 had both APIs? Because the engine was ported from both Playstation and Xbox sony favouring Vulkan API because its OS is very much Linux based and Xbox using DirectX.

Back
Top Bottom