Dirt Rally 2.0

Associate
Looking forward to this. Dirt Rally is my favourite driving game. The sound and the handling is just way above anything else imo; especially on a pad.

A really tough game that takes a really long time to get decent at (to finish stages without crashing) but it’s so rewarding.

Hopefully, and reviews are saying as much, this is a vast improvement over the backwards step of Dirt4.

Hopefully they’ve just taken Dirt Rally and just improved the visuals (which I also thought were great in motion) and tweaked the handling a touch.

Soldato
Yup, same here. Bought the Deluxe edition and can't wait for the remastered stages. Hope season 2 isn't only RX.

From what I've heard, it really is Dirt Rally 2, not the abomination D4 was. I'm still miffed I wasted money on that.

Have mine on Steam, Deluxe unlocks on Friday.

Associate
OP
Yup, same here. Bought the Deluxe edition and can't wait for the remastered stages. Hope season 2 isn't only RX.

From what I've heard, it really is Dirt Rally 2, not the abomination D4 was. I'm still miffed I wasted money on that.

Have mine on Steam, Deluxe unlocks on Friday.

Totally agree. Yeah I traded Dirt4 in after a week. It was trash. They actually managed to make a game that was inferior in every way!

Associate
OP
Reviewing brilliantly. Not stumping up the extra £ for deluxe edition so will have to wait till next week to play it.

Soldato
I kinda feel bad for getting the Deluxe after D4, especially that I never preorder stuff and usually wait for discounts. The price wasn't terrible, though, and I loved Rally too much.

I'm just miffed they're selling people updated stages from DR1 as part of the DLC. As much as I want them back, some fresh content would be great. If S2 turns out to be RX only, I'll be rather disappointed.

Soldato
Looking forward to this one, not sure if to grab day one standard version or wait a few weeks/month or so for the inevitable sales/reductions for the deluxe version as I believe they've held back some stages from standard for release as DLC.

Soldato
From the 30mins or so I played on PC today, it's a lot better than D4 and looks significantly better as well. Feels better on a controller with no assists then Rally 1 did.

Much higher requirements on PC though, and RaceNet is pure **** so far. People reporting lost progress, disconnects and it's sluggish as hell. Took 10 tries to upload my time.

Also, I'm not sure why they don't allow more weather/time of day settings on time trial.

Other than that, very solid. I still wish there were more locations and stages, though:p

Associate
OP
From the 30mins or so I played on PC today, it's a lot better than D4 and looks significantly better as well. Feels better on a controller with no assists then Rally 1 did.

Much higher requirements on PC though, and RaceNet is pure **** so far. People reporting lost progress, disconnects and it's sluggish as hell. Took 10 tries to upload my time.

Also, I'm not sure why they don't allow more weather/time of day settings on time trial.

Other than that, very solid. I still wish there were more locations and stages, though:p

Thanks. Got a despatch notification today so hopefully will arrive tomoz which will great. Yeah I hear you about TT as that’s the more I play.

Soldato
How do the seasons work? Is it just a funny name for DLC packs?

I note for example Week 1 of Season 1 says you get the Skoda Fabia and Citroën C4

The published car lists already have the Skoda Fabia as being in the game regardless but not the Citroën?

Soldato
More weight to the cars, feels a bit better overall than DR1.

Stages are good, still not enough of them. Looks really nice on PC and Racenet is more stable now.

I have to shake off some of the rust, currently 13th on Miraflores with Evo 10, 1,5 secs to go under 3:00. I was never good at the game but I'm having fun in this just doing time trial runs. Unlike Dirt 4, it doesn't feel like a waste of money so far.

Associate
OP
More weight to the cars, feels a bit better overall than DR1.

Stages are good, still not enough of them. Looks really nice on PC and Racenet is more stable now.

I have to shake off some of the rust, currently 13th on Miraflores with Evo 10, 1,5 secs to go under 3:00. I was never good at the game but I'm having fun in this just doing time trial runs. Unlike Dirt 4, it doesn't feel like a waste of money so far.

Yeah cars feel much weightier than in DR1. Playing on PS4 pro; not as good visually as I’d have hoped but the new lighting model is a step up from DR1.

I only play TT tbh so I’m a little dissapointed at the lack of varying weather conditions/time of day.

The thing I love about this game though in addition to the handling is the audio. Cars sound fantastic. It’s a shame Wales and Greece aren’t coming as they were my favs in DR1.

Soldato
I've heard it doesn't look utterly brilliant on consoles but it's quite a step up from DR1 on PC. Of course not mind-blowing but still pretty to look at.

Yeah, something I've already mentioned, the weather options in TT are lacklustre. They moved everything to custom where you can select what you want but I've heard suggestions have been made to change that.

I hear you about Greece and Wales, if they are going to cash in on stages from DR1, they should've brought back Wales, Greece and Sweden first. Not a big fan of Germany, tbh.

Then again, we don't know how many seasons they're planning nor what's actually in S2. If they bring more later, I'll most likely buy it.

Soldato
Enjoyed Dirt Rally 1, will look to get this when in sale, based on the fact it seems stages are a bit limited.

It's the same deal as in DR1, 6 countries with 2 long pieces of road cut up, jumbled and reversed to create multiple stages + 8 RX circuits this time round. If you enjoyed that, then this game looks better and has more realistic handling with some pretty amazing stages like Argentina.

We'll get some stages from DR1 via DLC + some cars so you may as well wait if you want to get a better deal. If that's all there is rally-wise, then the game will have 9 rally locations in total depending on what's in S2.

Associate
OP
I've heard it doesn't look utterly brilliant on consoles but it's quite a step up from DR1 on PC. Of course not mind-blowing but still pretty to look at.

Yeah, something I've already mentioned, the weather options in TT are lacklustre. They moved everything to custom where you can select what you want but I've heard suggestions have been made to change that.

I hear you about Greece and Wales, if they are going to cash in on stages from DR1, they should've brought back Wales, Greece and Sweden first. Not a big fan of Germany, tbh.

Then again, we don't know how many seasons they're planning nor what's actually in S2. If they bring more later, I'll most likely buy it.

In Custom mode am I right in thinking your lap times don’t get updated online? It’s trying to better the online times which I like doing on DR. What are the main areas people have asked to fix/amend so far then?

Just been driving the eco round Poland; it’s a great car.

Something I’ve noticed on consoles similar to D4 is that the replays aren’t 60fps which is a real shame as they were great in DR.

Back
Top Bottom