Disappointing experience with Switch

Man of Honour
Zelda was a journey of discovery and wonder. The others are formulaic and dull to me because I have played them all a hundred times already. I will ponder this question more and get back to you (maybe) :)
No need, I understand that we can have different points of view but I wanted to highlight that not everyone will find Zelda to be the best open world game.

Soldato
The key disappointing areas in Zelda for me:
  • The general audio and lack of thematic music
  • How barren the world is and the lack of any story (even the lore is extremely light) or key characters
  • It's pointless fighting enemies, it's better to just run past them all as you just burn through weapons with no reward
  • Having to just sit and wait when it rains and you're on a cliff
  • The game starts off with a decent challenge but after 10-15 hours the game becomes trivial and you can just mash attack on everything
BotW having a barren world where you are discouraged from fighting creatures makes the game really seem hollow compared to most other open world games.
The flip side is that they've created a beautiful world. I want to explore the world in Botw. In the other games, I want to do quests and the world is in the way. I love that you can fight if you want or run if you want, it's far better for me than being forced to fight.

The world in Botw feels like one which is designed to be explored and played with. In the other games it just feels like it's there. I agree with your points on creatures but I'd rather play in an amazing world with boring creatures than the inverse

Edit: and I agree that everyone has different perspectives and that's why gaming is fun, I'm just putting across why I personally enjoyed Zelda so much more than those other games

Soldato
The key disappointing areas in Zelda for me:
  • How barren the world is and the lack of any story (even the lore is extremely light) or key characters
  • It's pointless fighting enemies, it's better to just run past them all as you just burn through weapons with no reward

This 100%. I play RPGs for the immersive story and character progression you normally get throughout the game and Zelda just lacked any of that.

Not sure why I haven’t sold my copy on, I keep telling myself I will go back to it but I doubt I ever will because I just get bored playing it very quickly.

Give me a KotOR type game and I’m in.

Associate
I also found Zelda quite boring, basically forced myself to play it. With all the hype and people giving amazing reviews i wanted nothing more then to agree. But unfortunately i just found it so damn boring, no real story, they even skipped on dialogue audio to save space/game size.

Completed it last weekend because i forced myself to, but for me its a 3/10 at best.

and to top it off, i found it infuriating the fps drops and slow downs at time. I mean they basically developed the console and game at the same time. They should have known what spec's was needed to run the game correctly at all times and designed the console to suit. Or reduce the overall graphics. Slow downs reminded me so much of the N64 days with goldeneye. Would think Nintendo would have learned by now :o

I enjoyed Mario Odyssey, i also have Yoshi and played a few levels and it seems really good, but apart from that i can see the switch itself very rarely being used due to lack of AAA games. Theirs an abundance of Indie sure, But i prefer to buy physical

For me after completing Odyssey, i do regret buying the console, something i never felt with the PS4

Back
Top Bottom