Discrimination at work?

Soldato
Evening boys and girls,

Basically, my only part-time job is as a crappy part-time cleaner at a country club, but all the staff are friendly and a good laugh. One of my mates, and his mum work there too, I saw him last night and asked if she'd been working there lately, as she is my only means of transport there and back, and he said yes, she had.

I also asked if he'd worked there, his reply was "no, because they said they only want women working there now, because they're better", and i couldn't believe what i was hearing!

Surely they can't do this? I'm certain he's not over-exaggerating things as the boss is a total ******, but seeing as we're only needed as and when required, is there anything that can be done about this? the major problem being there's no iron-clad proof of it :(

Cheers

Soldato
i was actually doing grievance training today

you have only heard one person say it and if you are still working there then i very much doubt it. maybe he isnt cos he wasnt good enough.

at the end of the day if someone isnt suitable for the job then there is no point working there

Back
Top Bottom