Disney closes LucasArts :(

Soldato
we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model

This is actually pretty good news - Lucasarts have done bugger all with the Star Wars IP in the last decade. Licensing out the IP will mean a lot more star wars games from a lot of different developers.

Some of them might even be good :p

Caporegime
Jesus :( - I acually thought Disney might actually use LucasArts and make it make some decent (non-SW) games again. Such a shame, especially after getting rid the cancer that is GL. Guess it will just flog the SW license to the highest bidder and allow poor games to roll out again...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Don't know what you're all complaining about, Battlefront was mediocre, Force Unleashed looked good but was a really bland game to play. It's been a long time since the glory days of Jedi Outcast and the like.

Soldato
RIP but no big surprise its been on borrowed time for most of the last few years they have a long history of cancelling titles which they had spent of a lot of money on like the next gen Indiana Jones game which looked a little like a movie ended up becoming a terrible PS2+Wii only cutdown release etc etc

Soldato
Im surprised they lasted this long

last good game I bought from them was KOTOR II in 2005 and that wasn't even finished properly

before that 2003 for kotor I ? JKII / Jedi academy in 2002/3 ?
Escape from monkey island in 2000?

they lived on rubbish consoley starwars games for years, and burnt what 8 years making MMOMPGMPMG rubbish? while sacking off their origins of adventure games and decent starwars stuff

licencing could be a good thing - monkey island to Ron Gilbert ? sequels to JK / xwing by fans who now work at other devs?
OR could end up with more rubbish lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
IIRC, the last Lucasarts game I enjoyed was Empire at War.... That was a good few years ago.

Sad to see them go, but not overly sad.

Soldato
LucasArts will always have a warm place in my heart for all of the amazing games they put out when I was a kid (pretty much anything before 1996).

However, they've produced only a handful of decent games since. No great loss if Disney partners with talented producers.

EDIT: GIVE ME A SEQUEL TO TIE FIGHTER AND GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Caporegime
Don't know what you're all complaining about, Battlefront was mediocre, Force Unleashed looked good but was a really bland game to play. It's been a long time since the glory days of Jedi Outcast and the like.

I loved battlefront, COD just ripped it off and moved it on. A proper Star wars skinned COD would outsell the figures the pap currently sells at each year.

Back
Top Bottom