Display flickering & PC not turning back on post-hibernate

Associate
I'm hoping for some help with a couple of issues.

The first is that my monitor has started flickering now that I'm running it in 2560x1440. Previous I had it at 1920x1080 when connected by HDMI, but on connecting it by DisplayPort cable it set itself to 2560x1440 (something I'm happy to keep.)
Monitor is a BenQ GW2765HT and the GPU is a GTX 570.
I've tried changing from 59hz to 60hz in Windows 10 but whilst it gives me the option, it never actually changes after I've hit apply and stays at 59hz. Any ideas?

Second issue is that the PC seems to switch itself off and won't turn on again until I've removed the kettle lead from the PC for a couple of minutes. It tends to be when I've left the PC turned on long enough that it would hibernate. Any ideas on that one?

Soldato
Yeah, I seem to always have some issue or another with sleep/hibernate with every PC!

Have you tried disabling hybrid sleep in the power settings? Then changing the S-state settings in the BIOS until you find one that works might be an idea too.

My current PC was having issues waking up from sleep about once a day, but *touch wood!* it's been fine for a couple of days now since I disabled hybrid sleep.

Not sure about the monitor issue, though.

Associate
OP
I've turned off hybrid sleep in Windows, will see if that sorts it and if not I'll go digging around in BIOS (don't be surprised if I ask for more advice if I do though.) Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom