• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Display issues

Associate
S I took my my Powercooler RX550 2GB out of my PC yesterday to give it a clean/dust off (very carefully!)

Upon putting everything back together I cannot get a display?

I have checked the GPU in anther PC and it works fine which is confusing and the PC that I took the GPU out of has no issues using the on-board graphics. (ASUS Z87 M6 IMPACT s1150 MoBo btw) over Display Port or HDMI.

I have tried all ports on the GPU (HMDI/DP and DVI) and no display. The fan on the GPU spins up on start-up and windows begins to start and then half way through windows boot the fan stops spinning and the display drops? The PC obviously stays on as it should.

The only thing I have yet to try is unstalling the AMD drivers while using the onboard graphics and then try again but I was wondering what else may cause the issue it that doesn’t work?

Other Spec of the PC if it helps

530W BeQuiet PurePower PSU

Intel Core i5 4670K

VENGEANCE 8GB Dual Channel DDR3

SSD’s and the like.

The monitor is a Acer Predator btw

Any help

Permabanned
Hi,
As I've seen mentioned around here in the past you can re-seat it in it's pcie slot ie: take it out & then put it back in carefully, After that I'd do a ddu and then plug the card back in and try to boot up and then install new drivers if you get this far. Has anything been changed since before you took the card out for a dust? Have a look & see if there's anything in the bios related to changing from the onboard to the discrete? Has any dust or anything else got into the pcie slot affecting the connection?

Back
Top Bottom