• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Display not detecting Aorus RTX 3090 from cold boot

Associate
Hi there i have a new system build 10900k with RTX 3090FE and plugged into a Samsung 85" Q95T TV via HDMI running 4k 120hz, freesync, 4:4:4 HDR and I have exactly the same issue.

On cold start it doesn't display! I hold down power button to switch off and then straight back on and it boots perfectly 2nd time, every time and works perfectly thereafter.

I will try the windows fast boot and see if that also fixes my issue...

Associate
Same issue with LG CX connected to RTX3080,upon boot,TV shows no signal,after around 2 minutes windows login page is displayed and everything works as it should!
very strange.

PC works without any issues when connected to a different TV or monitor.

The hdmi cable is a high quality certified hdmi 2.1.
Tried turning off windows fast boot,made no difference.

Soldato
This problem has been really annoying on my q8 2020, it's better on the latest TV firmware but still took me 3 boots today before I could see windows.

I will disable fast boot thanks for your help everyone. Hopefully it works for me.

Associate
This problem has been really annoying on my q8 2020, it's better on the latest TV firmware but still took me 3 boots today before I could see windows.

I will disable fast boot thanks for your help everyone. Hopefully it works for me.
Unfortunately disabling fast boot doesn’t solve it.
this is definitely a problem involving the LG CX,I had my PC connected to a different TV (Samsung QLED) and never had any issues like this,this problem started last week when I bought a LG CX.

Soldato
Unfortunately disabling fast boot doesn’t solve it.
this is definitely a problem involving the LG CX,I had my PC connected to a different TV (Samsung QLED) and never had any issues like this,this problem started last week when I bought a LG CX.

I only get this issue on my hdmi 2.1 port on my 2020 qled, I don't get it on my old qled. I have had this since the day I bought it.

I think these are hdmi 2.1 issues,

Permabanned
3090 and LGCX48 here. Had the same issue using HDMI 2.1 so I bought a different cable and Ive not had the issue since. Initially I disabled fast boot but that didnt actually solve the problem. Buying another brand of cable did though.

Associate
3090 and LGCX48 here. Had the same issue using HDMI 2.1 so I bought a different cable and Ive not had the issue since. Initially I disabled fast boot but that didnt actually solve the problem. Buying another brand of cable did though.
Was your first cable a certified HDMI 2.1 too?
I ask because mine is and these cables aren’t cheap,I don’t want to waste money on cables,they cost £17-£20

Permabanned
Was your first cable a certified HDMI 2.1 too?
I ask because mine is and these cables aren’t cheap,I don’t want to waste money on cables,they cost £17-£20

Yes. Both were certified and both got me 4k/120hz/10bit full. I think the first one was £16 ish and the second was £19 ish and both from the rainforest.

Associate
Yes. Both were certified and both got me 4k/120hz/10bit full. I think the first one was £16 ish and the second was £19 ish and both from the rainforest.
Just tried PS5’s supplied cable (tested and confirmed to be proper hdmi 2.1 by hdtvtest) and same problem..

after turning on the PC ,shows initial motherboard bios logo,then no signal on LG CX for few minutes,then suddenly shows windows profile login and everything works there after.
very strange that there is this delay from windows side too?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom