• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Display Port leads 4k 60hz !HELP!

Associate
Hi all

Ive been through about 6 different brands of display port leads and ive yet to find a stable one, They all become flaky after a few weeks, Ive tested them all on 3 different cards.

I drop to 30hz I get a flickering in screen image

Setup below

I have a Philips BDM4065UC (4k 60hz va panel) using DP full size port

Sapphire Fury Nitro
Msi 290x Lighting Edition
Evga 980 Ti SC Edition

So what are all the 4k 60hz people what leads are you using.

Maybe we can build a list of leads in the u.k that work (or have Ocers got certed leads that work)

so far i have tried (in work so will get the other brands when i return)
Bizlink
Startech

thanks in advance

Caporegime
Did you change the DP mode to 1.2 on the monitor?

Important 4k Note: One thing to note is that the screen comes as default set at DisplayPort mode 1.1. This will only support 3840 x 2160 at 30Hz maximum, so if your graphics card supports DP 1.2 you need to go into this section and change the setting to 1.2. This will then allow you to set the screen at the full 60Hz refresh rate in Windows. The screen is detected as a single display (Single Stream Transport, SST) as opposed to MST for those interested.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm

Last edited:
Associate
Look for DP certified leads such as Accell B142C-007B. Hard to find without importing I think but you can find other DP certified ones in the uk - not all are DP 1.2 though..

Man of Honour
I've found I get the best reliability with a sub 2m long lead - infact I've got 2 ostensibly the same lead brand/model 1.8m but one is perfectly stable and the other at times has intermittent problems and the problematic one is literally 1-2cm longer than the other :S

Associate
HQ 3.0m High Quality 19-Pin DisplayPort Male to Male Cable with Ferrite Core and Gold Connectors, currently unavailable but they do a
HQ 1.8m 19 Pin Male to 19 Pin Male Displayport Cable

took me 3 attempts to get a 3m one that worked

Associate
OP
Did you change the DP mode to 1.2 on the monitor?

Important 4k Note: One thing to note is that the screen comes as default set at DisplayPort mode 1.1. This will only support 3840 x 2160 at 30Hz maximum, so if your graphics card supports DP 1.2 you need to go into this section and change the setting to 1.2. This will then allow you to set the screen at the full 60Hz refresh rate in Windows. The screen is detected as a single display (Single Stream Transport, SST) as opposed to MST for those interested.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm

Monitor is at 1.2 DP Yes
Should have made that clear from the start, (I would not have been able to do 60hz already if i didnt tho).

Also using the correct driver in windows device manager and not windows generic plug and play one.

Windows shows 60hz until the cable ages and they flakes out, and drops to 30hz

should note that the cable is fine in the Dell u3011 1600p fine at 60 hz but then I'm not at the max 21.6gps of the cable.

Look for DP certified leads such as Accell B142C-007B. Hard to find without importing I think but you can find other DP certified ones in the uk - not all are DP 1.2 though..

I have seen posts on the Accell B142C-007B but have never heard of anyone u.k based / or someone that has used one for a long period of time.
seams to be a lack of actual certed leads for 4k at 21.6gp's. would have thought with 4k being pushed as hard as it is this would be sorted by now.

I've found I get the best reliability with a sub 2m long lead - infact I've got 2 ostensibly the same lead brand/model 1.8m but one is perfectly stable and the other at times has intermittent problems and the problematic one is literally 1-2cm longer than the other :S

All mine have been 1.5m sadly i cannot get the computer any closer to the monitor due to the layout of the room, and my case is erm.... to big to be on the desk

ideal world i would have a 0.5 m one and the computer to the left side of the monitor so i dont need a long cable

thanks again

total pain that we have to buy and test

Can any OCuK staff recommend a lead from stock ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Get a SST 4k monitor.

I have two 4k monitors both from Dell.

The MST one is a nightmare with numerous problems including DP leads it does not like.

The SST one has no problems at all.

Associate
I got my Accell B142C-007B cable from the jungle back in May, but just checked and currently unavailable. Looks like there a few sellers on th Bay with them, but you'd need to be careful to make sure it's genuine. Also a few sellers in USA that have them but shipping could be costly.

Associate
I'm using Iiyama 2888UHSU 4k freesync monitor and they all came with cables provided. Those have lasted me so far, though I have only been using them a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom